Thread: upgrade 42.1->42.2 stuck on wm-ice

Default upgrade 42.1->42.2 stuck on wm-ice

After failed attempt to upgrade via online upgrade, I used DVD to upgrade Leap 42.1 & KDE in place.
    Now I have the icewm display manger.

Checking repositories in YaST I see plasma5 installed. How do I get my familiar desktop back?

While I'm posting, I have forgotten how I got Leap 42.1 to display 24hr time, so I'd like to know how to do that. I'm located in USA, there are 2 entries in the regional time settings but they don't seem to change it to 24hr.

Thanks

Default Re: upgrade 42.1->42.2 stuck on wm-ice

Quote Originally Posted by 6520302 View Post
    After failed attempt to upgrade via online upgrade, I used DVD to upgrade Leap 42.1 & KDE in place.
    Now I have the icewm display manger.
    No, you use a "IceWM" desktop session.
    The display manager is the login screen.

That said, you should be able to choose the desktop session on the login screen.

If "Plasma5" is not available, install the package plasma5-session.

While I'm posting, I have forgotten how I got Leap 42.1 to display 24hr time, so I'd like to know how to do that. I'm located in USA, there are 2 entries in the regional time settings but they don't seem to change it to 24hr.
    Where exactly?
    The digital clock on Plasma5's desktop panel has an explicit setting for this, right-click on it and choose "Configure Digital Clock".

Otherwise that's decided by the locale settings (at least the default, applications may override that), the "Time" locale in particular. Change that to something else in systemsettings5->Regional Settings->Formats.

Default Re: upgrade 42.1->42.2 stuck on wm-ice

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    If "Plasma5" is not available, install the package plasma5-session.
    Thank you so much for perfect solution to my problem. No idea why 'session' was no installed, many other plasma5 packages were installed.