Thread: Keyboard "lock" when typing over selected text

Default Keyboard "lock" when typing over selected text

Hope its the correct forum to post.

When typing while having selected text first two keypresses not resulting to writing charters. First keypress resulting nothing, second results pc speaker beep. Third finaly writes a letter. Actually yesterday it was only for one keypress, with beep. I belive i have that right from the install. But icould be wrong, I installed gxneur (didnt configured it becuse it crashed every time i was opening settings, so i removed it).

Using KDE if that matters.

Default Re: Keyboard "lock" when typing over selected text

Quote Originally Posted by whyreg View Post

Using KDE if that matters.
    Of course it mtters. It matter also in which application you are typing. And when it is in more applications, give us at least one (or more) examples.

We can not look over you shoulder, we depend completely on what you tell us.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    It matter also in which application you are typing. And when it is in more applications, give us at least one (or more) examples.
    Firefox, sublime text. It actually unstable, becuase right now i cant reproduse it and i did like nothing from the last time it was reproduseble.

It appeared again. Also happens with KWrite ran with kdesu.

Hm. I reinstalled the system (kept /home, but tried to use new user), the problem is here.