Thread: Grub Login Screen trying to install

Unhappy Grub Login Screen trying to install

So I used DD and image writer to no avail:

sudo dd if=Downloads/openSUSE-Leap-42.2-DVD-x86_64.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4M status=progress
    4384096256 bytes (4.4 GB, 4.1 GiB) copied, 257.804 s, 17.0 MB/s
    1045+1 records in
    1045+1 records out
    4384096256 bytes (4.4 GB, 4.1 GiB) copied, 918.049 s, 4.8 MB/s

I boot from USB drive and just get booted (no pun intended) to the grub menu. Anyone come across this with a USB drive? I don't have a DVD writer handy.

Default Re: Grub Login Screen trying to install

Also checked and made sure "secure-boot" is turned off in the BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by emrecio View Post
    I boot from USB drive and just get booted (no pun intended) to the grub menu.
    So what is your question? If you want to install, select corresponding boot menu entry.

sorry, i don't get a menu or anything, just the "grub>" prompt. I have been able to boot Fedora and LinuxMint as a live USB drive, but not opensuse from USB. I want to stick to OpenSuSE but I wanted to go back to real releases instead of Tumbleweed due to too many kernel/video quirks.

Thumbs down Re: Grub Login Screen trying to install

I've opened a bugzilla on this #Bug 1037392 my desktop at work is currently dead in the water because Tumbleweed installed on it keeps blinking the screen. I cannot continue to have these disruptions, yet I want to stay with OpenSUSE. Hence, my wanting to install Leap. Other OS's boot fine, but I want to stay with SuSE. Hopefully I'll hear back with a good ISO or procedure.