Thread: k3b - fails to burn a data- dvd with only an amount of 1,6 GB - i am clueless

Default k3b - fails to burn a data- dvd with only an amount of 1,6 GB - i am clueless

hello dear community,

k3b - fails to burn a data- dvd with only an amount of 1,6 GB - i am clueless

KDE Version: 4.14.9
    QT Version: 4.8.6
    Kernel: 3.16.7-53-desktop

Used versions
    -----------------------
    mkisofs: 1.1.11

mkisofs
    -----------------------
    /usr/bin/genisoimage: No such file or directory. Invalid node - 'Dokumente/_kampa_/_lit_/_verlage_/2017_02_28__verlagskontakte'.

mkisofs calculate size command:
    -----------------------
    /usr/bin/genisoimage -gui -graft-points -print-size -quiet -volid Dokumente -volset
    -appid K3B THE CD KREATOR (C) 1998-2010 SEBASTIAN TRUEG AND MICHAL MALEK -publisher
    -preparer -sysid LINUX -volset-size 1 -volset-seqno 1 -sort /tmp/kde-martin/k3bva3668.tmp
    -rational-rock -hide-list /tmp/kde-martin/k3bHH3668.tmp -joliet -joliet-long -hide-joliet-list /tmp/kde-martin/k3bqL3668.tmp
    -no-cache-inodes -full-iso9660-filenames -disable-deep-relocation -iso-level 3 -path-list /tmp/kde-martin/k3bqr3668.tmp
    what can i do!?
    dilbert ;-)
    Wordpress-development - a Toolset: wpgear.org

Default Re: k3b - fails to burn a data- dvd with only an amount of 1,6 GB - i am clueless

I haven't burned a disk in ages but why are you burning an iso level 3 with joliet on a data DVD why not do a UDF structure
    from the error I assume (I might be wrong) your issue is the iso path length restriction try an UDF file structure if that fails rename or move a directory from the compilation

Default Re: k3b - fails to burn a data- dvd with only an amount of 1,6 GB - i am clueless

hello

many thanks for the quick reply hmmm - i guess i made a big mistake. Sure thing - i want to burn a data-dvd
    i want to backup 1.6 GB

what did i do wrong !? I do not need to burn at iso-level.

i just want to burn a data - dvd

How to proceed?
    dilbert ;-)

I'm guessing the directory and or file names are too long for iso level 3
    it could also be a non-US character in the file/dir names I remember not being able to burn a disk because a pdf file on it had an accented character and the ISO file system does not support them
    my 2¢ is check your directory and file names if everything looks good (no too long paths or accented chars) use an UDF only directory structure
    afaik all Data DVD drives support UDF, and UDF has both unicode and long path name support

one more thing as k3b uses /tmp for temporary iso directory check you have enough free space in your root partition
    if you are using btrfs you might not have enough space, in that case clean some snap shots or tell k3b to use your home partition for temporary files

hello again

many many thanks - now it works.
    i did some adjustments - in file-system etc. etc.

thanks again. greetings
    dilbert
    dilbert ;-)