Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Appliance email notification

  1. #1

    Default Appliance email notification

    Hey everybody,

    just installed the appliance and was wondering how to get the email notification to work since there is no mta installed.

    I've tried to use the postfix package and also the msmtp package.
    Sending a mail via commandline (sendmail) on the OBS Server workerd but not if ex. a build failed (user notification activated).

    Any hints?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    7,992

    Default Re: Appliance email notification

    First,
    There is no "the appliance" that anyone would know about.
    Many "appliances" have been created on OBS.

    Secondly,
    This forum is mainly for the <development> of software, including projects on OBS which might be appliances...
    But, not really for the support of any project... You'd probably have to contact the owner/author of the project.

    If you know enough about exactly what is installed and configured, you can ask support questions in the Technical Help Forums, I'd recommend the Applications Forum. But even if you post there, you'll have to know plenty of info about the problem you're asking for help. IMO you may also benefit installing applications from scratch from an educational point of view.
    https://forums.opensuse.org/forumdis...9-Applications

    IMO,
    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Appliance email notification

    Quote Originally Posted by tsu2
    First,
    There is no "the appliance" that anyone would know about.
    Many "appliances" have been created on OBS.
    Sorry, with "this appliance" i meant the OBS Appliance it self which you can download from here http://openbuildservice.org/download/


    Quote Originally Posted by tsu2
    Secondly,
    This forum is mainly for the <development> of software, including projects on OBS which might be appliances...
    But, not really for the support of any project... You'd probably have to contact the owner/author of the project.
    Ok, i thought it would also for the OBS server / worker which you can host yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by tsu2
    If you know enough about exactly what is installed and configured, you can ask support questions in the Technical Help Forums, I'd recommend the Applications Forum. But even if you post there, you'll have to know plenty of info about the problem you're asking for help. IMO you may also benefit installing applications from scratch from an educational point of view.
    https://forums.opensuse.org/forumdis...9-Applications

    IMO,
    TSU
    Thanks
    andreas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •