Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: GNOME Shell Extension Connector missing?

  1. #1

    Default GNOME Shell Extension Connector missing?

    So, today I just installed openSUSE LEAP 42.2on my Desktop. I'm relatively new to openSUSE, but Fedora which I am already accustomed to completely refused to make a Livedisc and install properly on my Desktop, so since openSUSE uses GNOME and I'm comfortable with it, I decided to give it a try.

    But, there's a problem. I can't get the GNOME Shell Extensions website to notice that GNOME Tweak Tool is even on the PC. Even though I don't think that system specs are needed here, i'll toss them in just to be sure.

    CPU: i5-6600k Overclocked to 4.5Ghz at 1.35v
    GPU: GTX 1070
    RAM: 32GB
    OS: openSUSE 42.1 64-Bit
    Storage: 700 GB HDD that holds openSUSE and all it's files. 120 GB SSD Boots Windows and has some files. 1TB HDD Windows main Storage.

    Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I love some of the GNOME Extensions I have on my Fedora Laptop, but I can't find a solution to my problem.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,037

    Default Re: GNOME Shell Extension Connector missing?

    On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 21:36:01 +0000, Skiptrace wrote:

    > So, today I just installed openSUSE LEAP 42.2on my Desktop. I'm
    > relatively new to openSUSE, but Fedora which I am already accustomed to
    > completely refused to make a Livedisc and install properly on my
    > Desktop, so since openSUSE uses GNOME and I'm comfortable with it, I
    > decided to give it a try.
    >
    > But, there's a problem. I can't get the GNOME Shell Extensions website
    > to notice that GNOME Tweak Tool is even on the PC. Even though I don't
    > think that system specs are needed here, i'll toss them in just to be
    > sure.
    >
    > CPU: i5-6600k Overclocked to 4.5Ghz at 1.35v GPU: GTX 1070 RAM: 32GB OS:
    > openSUSE 42.1 64-Bit Storage: 700 GB HDD that holds openSUSE and all
    > it's files. 120 GB SSD Boots Windows and has some files. 1TB HDD Windows
    > main Storage.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I love some of the GNOME Extensions
    > I have on my Fedora Laptop, but I can't find a solution to my problem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!


    Which browser are you using?



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  3. #3

    Default Re: GNOME Shell Extension Connector missing?

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 21:36:01 +0000, Skiptrace wrote:

    > But, there's a problem. I can't get the GNOME Shell Extensions website
    > to notice that GNOME Tweak Tool is even on the PC. Even though I don't
    > think that system specs are needed here, i'll toss them in just to be
    > sure.

    Which browser are you using?
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C
    Hi Jim,

    I see similar behavior on a new Leap install.
    You can use the gnome extensions that come with Leap, but not add other extensions directly from extensions.gnome.org.

    In my case, openSUSE Leap, browser Firefox 52.0.1 (64bit), installed tonight. On a previously installed Leap machine (with the same browser version ), this still remains working fine. Not so much on a new install through which keeps throwing the message that " native host connector" is not detected.

    This may be with the NPAPI plugin support for FF 52 that was dropped I guess. References on the web on how to resolve this, I have not yet gotten to work..

    Cheers
    Hans

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,299
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: GNOME Shell Extension Connector missing?

    On Sat 22 Apr 2017 08:26:01 AM CDT, HvdHeuvel wrote:

    hendersj;2820505 Wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 21:36:01 +0000, Skiptrace wrote:
    >
    > > But, there's a problem. I can't get the GNOME Shell Extensions
    > > website to notice that GNOME Tweak Tool is even on the PC. Even
    > > though I don't think that system specs are needed here, i'll toss
    > > them in just to be sure.

    >
    > Which browser are you using?
    > --
    > Jim Henderson
    > openSUSE Forums Administrator
    > Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C


    Hi Jim,

    I see similar behavior on a new Leap install.
    You can use the gnome extensions that come with Leap, but not add other
    extensions directly from extensions.gnome.org.

    In my case, openSUSE Leap, browser Firefox 52.0.1 (64bit), installed
    tonight. On a previously installed Leap machine (with the same browser
    version ), this still remains working fine. Not so much on a new install
    through which keeps throwing the message that " native host connector"
    is not detected.

    This may be with the NPAPI plugin support for FF 52 that was dropped I
    guess. References on the web on how to resolve this, I have not yet
    gotten to work..

    Cheers
    Hans


    Hi
    Install epiphany and use that instead for extensions, easiest
    solution....

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE Leap 42.2|GNOME 3.22.2|4.4.57-18.3-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


  5. #5

    Default Re: GNOME Shell Extension Connector missing?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Install epiphany and use that instead for extensions, easiest
    solution....

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE Leap 42.2|GNOME 3.22.2|4.4.57-18.3-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!
    Hey Malcolm,

    That works.

    Thanks
    Hans

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •