Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GoogleEarth-5.2 install to Tumbleweed no longer possible?

Default GoogleEarth-5.2 install to Tumbleweed no longer possible?

It was still possible on oss-13.2

I try to install ge-5.2 on Tumbleweed following this link:

http://trixtar.org/mm/googleearth-5.2-linux-install.png

but get some missing files complaint (below).

until I overcome this I can't really use Tumbleweed

It was bad enough not to be able to use any recent version of GE because past 5.2 there is no stick support, now it looks like the last possible workaround has been blocked too.

In the installedr crash log:
    ===========================

Major Version 5
    Minor Version 2
    Build Number 0001
    Build Date Sep 1 2010
    Build Time 11:25:42
    OS Type 3
    OS Major Version 4
    OS Minor Version 10
    OS Build Version 8
    OS Patch Version 0
    Crash Signal 6
    Crash Time 1492141853
    Up Time 0.877411

Stacktrace from glibc:
    ./libgoogleearth_free.so(+0xd090b)[0xf76f890b]
    linux-gate.so.1(__kernel_sigreturn+0x0)[0xf7756e50]
    [0x0]

In the cLi window:
    ==================

Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to load module "libcanberra-gtk-module.so": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    loki_setup: Suspect size value for option option

Installing mimetypes...
    Installing desktop menu entries...
    Installing desktop icon...
    libGL error: unable to load driver: nouveau_dri.so
    libGL error: driver pointer missing
    libGL error: failed to load driver: nouveau
    Fatal error in __driConfigOptions line 1, column 0: out of memory.
    Google Earth has caught signal 6.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Google Earth has crashed.
    This is a bug in the program, and should never happen under normal
    circumstances. A bug report and debugging data have been written
    to this text file:

/root/.googleearth/crashlogs/crashlog-58f048a1.txt

Please include this file if you submit a bug report to Google.

Default Re: GoogleEarth-5.2 install to Tumbleweed no longer possible?

Please don’t take this a dis but you are aware the latest stable Google Earth is
    Earth version 7.1.8.3036
    We are what we think.
    All that we are arises with our thoughts.
    With our thoughts we make the world.

My 64 bit: Gateway 5670 UPDATED | RADEON RX 570 |CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600
    Opensuse Tumbleweed Plasma 5

Quote Originally Posted by Sagemta View Post
    Please don’t take this a dis but you are aware the latest stable Google Earth is
    Earth version 7.1.8.3036
    Thanks for taking the time to respond, I went to the trouble of downloading and installing it, alas NOTHING in this respect seems to have changed since version 5.2 after which GE went to LSB (Linux Standard Base) which it would seem STILL lacks control stick support fpr some reason. Starting the Flt-Sim the Control-Stick box in the launch dialogue is dead/ghosted. The stick is seen by oss-13.2/TW, I can even calibrate it but NOT in GE because as I understand it stick-suppert it is STILL not in LSB. I even tried to fly it with the keyboard which by definition would be nonsense but even there as an example the arrow keys work backwards. This is fine if you try to fly inverted for the first time without knowing that ailerons would/should then work inverted so that essentially it's still a fubar :-)

I'm 73 and a retired pilot, the Ge-Flt-Sim is my only use for a computer or for the internet so without it it's gonna be a short affair by the looks of things. It'll work on 13.2 but eventually 13.2 won't be usable on the net as generally every system becomes obsolete/unusable in no time.

I just installed to Debian 8 without any probs, so what's up?

you can get libcanberra-gtk-module.so from the libcanberra-gtk2-module package from the Gnome:Factory repo
    personally I don't recommend having too many repo's enabled but there was a recent change in TW which introduced vendor stickyness so adding Gnome:Factory is not a bad solution
    Code:
    zypper ar -f https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Factory/openSUSE_Factory/GNOME:Factory.repo
    zypper in libcanberra-gtk2-module
    or if you don't want to add the repo just install the needed package

Code:
    zypper in https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Factory/openSUSE_Factory/x86_64/libcanberra-gtk2-module-0.30-83.19.x86_64.rpm

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    you can get libcanberra-gtk-module.so from the libcanberra-gtk2-module package from the Gnome:Factory repo
    personally I don't recommend having too many repo's enabled but there was a recent change in TW which introduced vendor stickyness so adding Gnome:Factory is not a bad solution
    Code:
    zypper ar -f https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Factory/openSUSE_Factory/GNOME:Factory.repo
    zypper in libcanberra-gtk2-module
    or if you don't want to add the repo just install the needed package

Code:
    zypper in https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Factory/openSUSE_Factory/x86_64/libcanberra-gtk2-module-0.30-83.19.x86_64.rpm
    Thanks, I had my hopes up but it's not working, still much the same symptoms.

There ARE many instances of libcanberra-gtk-module.so under /usr/lib and /usr/lib64, plus I copied a few to parent directories like /usr but it still cannot find a single one of maybe half a dozen. V-0.30-14.3 was already installed, with your your suggestion I upgraded it to V-0.30-83.19. It 'sems' like the setup script is not doing a very good search or... this business is way over my head.

I wish someone would fix that LSB to include stick support

--------------------------------------

Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to load module "libcanberra-gtk-module.so": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Installing mimetypes...
    Google Earth has caught signal 11.

to this text file:

/root/.googleearth/crashlogs/crashlog-59f763bd.txt

the file=
    =========
    Major Version 5
    Minor Version 2
    Build Number 0001
    Build Date Sep 1 2010
    OS Type 3
    OS Major Version 4
    OS Minor Version 13
    OS Build Version 9
    OS Patch Version 0
    Crash Signal 11
    Crash Time 1509385149
    Up Time 0.396427

Stacktrace from glibc:
    ./libgoogleearth_free.so(+0xd090b)[0xf7f0b90b]
    linux-gate.so.1(__kernel_sigreturn+0x0)[0xf7f69dd0]

=========

Want to try version 6.2.2?
    loyalty returns to those who practice it

Quote Originally Posted by V_idocq View Post
    Want to try version 6.2.2?
    From what I see it comes with bundled free horror stories!

Does it use LSB meaning NO stick support, or does it provide stick support by not using LSB?

https://productforums.google.com/for...th/XNNJgyJBw3Y

Quote Originally Posted by fitterski View Post
    Thanks, I had my hopes up but it's not working, still much the same symptoms.

There ARE many instances of libcanberra-gtk-module.so under /usr/lib and /usr/lib64, plus I copied a few to parent directories like /usr but it still cannot find a single one of maybe half a dozen. V-0.30-14.3 was already installed, with your your suggestion I upgraded it to V-0.30-83.19. It 'sems' like the setup script is not doing a very good search or... this business is way over my head.

I wish someone would fix that LSB to include stick support

Installing mimetypes...

to this text file:

/root/.googleearth/crashlogs/crashlog-59f763bd.txt

the file=
    =========
    Major Version 5
    Minor Version 2
    Build Number 0001
    Build Date Sep 1 2010
    OS Type 3
    OS Major Version 4
    OS Minor Version 13
    OS Build Version 9
    OS Patch Version 0
    Crash Signal 11
    Crash Time 1509385149
    Up Time 0.396427

Stacktrace from glibc:
    ./libgoogleearth_free.so(+0xd090b)[0xf7f0b90b]
    linux-gate.so.1(__kernel_sigreturn+0x0)[0xf7f69dd0]

=========

why did you do that you shouldn't mess with shared libraries in /usr you might have broken something
    I'm guessing that version google earth is a 32 bit application so it would require the 32bit shared object try installing it
    Code:
    zypper in libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit
    the above will work if you have the gnome:factory reposetory if not you need to add it
    Code:
    and don't copy so files by hand there should be only 2 files a 64bit so in /usr/lib64 and a 32bit in /usr/lib

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    why did you do that you shouldn't mess with shared libraries in /usr you might have broken something
    I'm guessing that version google earth is a 32 bit application so it would require the 32bit shared object try installing it
    Code:
    the above will work if you have the gnome:factory reposetory if not you need to add it
    Code:
    and don't copy so files by hand there should be only 2 files a 64bit so in /usr/lib64 and a 32bit in /usr/lib
    Files I copy are recorded and easily renamed/removed. They're gone.

Yast shows the following installed:

libcanberra-gtk2-module 0.30-14.3-x86_64
    libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit 0.30-14.3-x86_64
    libcanberra-gtk3-module 0.30-14.3-x86_64
    libcanberra-gtk3-module-32bit 0.30-14.3-x86_64

.so files found

libcanberra-gtk-module.so /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/modules 26.6kb
    libcanberra-gtk-module.so /usr/lib64/gtk-3.0/modules 26.6kb
    libcanberra-gtk-module.so /usr/lib /gtk-2.0/modules 21.7kb
    libcanberra-gtk-module.so /usr/lib /gtk-3.0/modules 21.7kb
    libcanberra-gtk3-module.so /usr/lib /gtk-3.0/modules 21.7kb
    libcanberra-gtk3-module.so /usr/lib64/gtk-3.0/modules 26.6kb

[CODE]
    Adding repository 'Development branch of GNOME (openSUSE_Factory)' .......................................................................................................................[done]
    Repository 'Development branch of GNOME (openSUSE_Factory)' successfully added

URI : http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Factory/openSUSE_Factory/
    Enabled : Yes
    GPG Check : Yes
    Autorefresh : Yes
    Priority : 99 (default priority)

Repository priorities are without effect. All enabled repositories share the same priority.[/CODE

so then I installed:

Code:
    Retrieving repository 'Development branch of GNOME (openSUSE_Factory)' metadata -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[\]

New repository or package signing key received:

Repository:       Development branch of GNOME (openSUSE_Factory)
      Key Name:         GNOME OBS Project <GNOME@build.opensuse.org>  
      Key Fingerprint:  D3CAF513 5D0A8F97 AB539ED3 65A86F31 629FF0C2  
      Key Created:      mar. 19 juil. 2016 05:39:47 EDT               
      Key Expires:      jeu. 27 sept. 2018 05:39:47 EDT               
      Rpm Name:         gpg-pubkey-629ff0c2-578df563                  

Do you want to reject the key, trust temporarily, or trust always? [r/t/a/? shows all options] (r): t
    Retrieving repository 'Development branch of GNOME (openSUSE_Factory)' metadata ..............................................................................................
    Building repository 'Development branch of GNOME (openSUSE_Factory)' cache ...................................................................................................
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    'libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit' is already installed.
    There is an update candidate for 'libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit', but it is from a different vendor. Use 'zypper install libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit-0.30-83.19.x86_64' to iate.
    Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.
    So then I executyed the suggested update:

Code:
    zypper install libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit-0.30-83.19.x86_64' to iate.

zypper install libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit-0.30-83.19.x86_64                                                                             
    Loading repository data...                                                                                                                                                                      
    Reading installed packages...                                                                                                                                                                   
    Resolving package dependencies...                                                                                                                                                               

The following package is going to be upgraded:                                                                                                                                                  
      libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit                                                                                                                                                                 

The following package is going to change vendor:                                                                                                                                                
      libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit  openSUSE -> obs://build.opensuse.org/GNOME                                                                                                                     

1 package to upgrade, 1 to change vendor.                                                                                                                                                       
    Overall download size: 25.8 KiB. Already cached: 0 B. No additional space will be used or freed after the operation.                                                                            
    Continue? [y/n/...? shows all options] (y): y
    Retrieving package libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit-0.30-83.19.x86_64                                                                                            (1/1),  25.8 KiB ( 21.7 KiB unpacked)
    Retrieving: libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit-0.30-83.19.x86_64.rpm .................................................................................................................[done (1.0 KiB/s)]
    Checking for file conflicts: ................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    (1/1) Installing: libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit-0.30-83.19.x86_64 ...........................................................................................................................[done]
    Additional rpm output:                                                                                                                                                                          
    warning: /var/cache/zypp/packages/GNOME_Factory/x86_64/libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit-0.30-83.19.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 629ff0c2: NOKEY                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    There are some running programs that might use files deleted by recent upgrade. You may wish to check and restart some of them. Run 'zypper ps -s' to list these programs.
    At this point I rebooted and rescanned what was up:

Yast (installed packages) shows 1 change::
    libcanberra-gtk2-module 0.30-14.3-x86_64
    libcanberra-gtk2-module-32bit 0.30-83.19-x86_64
    libcanberra-gtk3-module 0.30-14.3-x86_64
    libcanberra-gtk3-module-32bit 0.30-14.3-x86_64

.so files found same as before, different order:

libcanberra-gtk-module.so /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/modules 26.6kb
    libcanberra-gtk-module.so /usr/lib /gtk-2.0/modules 21.7kb
    libcanberra-gtk-module.so /usr/lib /gtk-3.0/modules 21.7kb
    libcanberra-gtk-module.so /usr/lib64/gtk-3.0/modules 26.6kb
    libcanberra-gtk3-module.so /usr/lib /gtk-3.0/modules 21.7kb
    libcanberra-gtk3-module.so /usr/lib64/gtk-3.0/modules 26.6kb

So one more relaunch of the google setup script:

Code:
    # setup.sh
    Installing mimetypes...
    hung install but at this point the google installer dialog shows a START button

if I click it:

Code:
    to this text file:
    /root/.googleearth/crashlogs/crashlog-59f7d2c1.txt
    the file:

Major Version 5
    Minor Version 2
    Build Number 0001
    Build Date Sep 1 2010
    OS Type 3
    OS Major Version 4
    OS Minor Version 13
    OS Build Version 9
    OS Patch Version 0
    Crash Signal 11
    Crash Time 1509413569
    Up Time 0.496405

Stacktrace from glibc:
    ./libgoogleearth_free.so(+0xd090b)[0xf7e8b90b]
    linux-gate.so.1(__kernel_sigreturn+0x0)[0xf7ee9dd0]

So there, there seems to be a path problem, the setup file is over my head and I don't know how to upload it. If I paste it maes out the post so it's pasted as an answer to this with apologies

============================================================
    Code:
    #! /bin/sh
    ........ see next
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast