Kmail 5.4.80 Quibbles

I recently upgraded my system to Qt 5.8 and Framework 5.32. Kmail 5.4.80 beta1 came along with this. Everything is working fine, but I have two small quibbles with KMail and I’m not sure how to fix them. First, the system tray icon is practically invisible in my panel. The panel is the breeze dark color and the icon is practically the same color. All the other KDE icons, like the one for Akregator, become white on the background of the dark panel. Kmail doesn’t. The second quibble is that the font in the folder list looks to be about 12 or 14 points. If I remember correctly, this was adjustable in the desktop settings. They don’t seem to affect it now. Kmail itself doesn’t seem to have the folder list as an option in its settings appearance page, though you can adjust the fonts in the message list and so forth. Is there something here I’m missing? Are these things adjustable?

On the good side, the drop down filter by status list is back. I really missed that one.

Known problem, and not new in 5.4.80…
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=371826

The second quibble is that the font in the folder list looks to be about 12 or 14 points. If I remember correctly, this was adjustable in the desktop settings. They don’t seem to affect it now. Kmail itself doesn’t seem to have the folder list as an option in its settings appearance page, though you can adjust the fonts in the message list and so forth. Is there something here I’m missing? Are these things adjustable?

You mean the folder list on the left?
That uses the desktop’s font, yes.
I just tried, and changing the “General” font in systemsettings5 does affect that folder list.

On the good side, the drop down filter by status list is back. I really missed that one.

Hm?
I don’t think that was missing at all, I used it all the time… :wink:
I just checked and it’s definitely there in 5.3.2 as shipped with Leap 42.2.

Thanks, Wolfi. I do mean the fonts in the box on the left. Where I got confused, was that after changing the general font, the fonts in the menu bars changed immediately, but the font in the window did not. I had to stop and restart the program. That said, I’m using the same font I used before, and the bolded entries seem much bigger than before. Oh well.

That said, I’ve run into a big problem and it probably deserves a new thread – Akonadi is using a crazy amount of memory for its calendar function. At the moment one ical resource is using 3.5 gigs, korgc is using 1.8 gigs, the mysqld used by akonadi is using 1.1 gigs, and a second ical resource is using 704 meg. I’ve got 16 gigs of memory and the system is swapping constantly. This has happened since my upgrade.