Thread: how to increase width of scrollbar

Default how to increase width of scrollbar

in previous versions, user can increase the width of scrollbar of windows in opesuse (application style > widget style > application > configure > scrollbar), but i don't see that option anymore. anyone knows of other way to adjust this feature?

Default Re: how to increase width of scrollbar

To me it looks as being something of a Desktop Environment. But you do not explain which one.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    To me it looks as being something of a Desktop Environment. But you do not explain which one.
    not sure what category this issue should belongs to. but i noticed that in opensuse 42.2, the scrollbar is much narrower (hence difficult to click/ use). it's the same in all applications (pdf reader, browser, dolphin etc). is there a way i can make the scrollbar bigger/ wider? -)

Which Desktop Environment??? KDE, Gnome, Xfce, ......................????????????
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Which Desktop Environment??? KDE, Gnome, Xfce, ......................????????????
    KDE .......

Quote Originally Posted by line08 View Post
    in previous versions, user can increase the width of scrollbar of windows in opesuse (application style > widget style > application > configure > scrollbar), but i don't see that option anymore. anyone knows of other way to adjust this feature?
    The width of scrollbars and whether that's configurable depends on the widget style.

The default breeze style has a hard-coded width that's not configurable.

Oxygen (that was default in KDE4) does allow to change this though and is still available for KF5/Qt5 too. You may have to install it first though, the package is called oxygen5-style.

Or have a look at qtcurve which basically allows you to configure every single aspect of the Qt toolkit widgets.