How to change keyboard language, what key combination (OpenSUSE Leap, KDE)?

Hi everyone!

Can`t find information how to do this. I want to change, for example, from English to Russian.

Here is what I have done to add Simple Chinese support for my system. Maybe it’s similar for Russian.

1. Press “Alt + F2” combination keys to elevate the krunner (maybe it’s KDE Search but not krunner, I am a little confused with the names) at the top of the screen and input “yast”, when the YaST application shows up, press Enter to run it.

2. Input password for root user and go into YaST.

3. Search for Language at the top right corner in YaST and click to open it in YaST.

4. Add language for Russian and let YaST install relevant packages for you.

5. Now use “Alt + F2” to call the krunner again, and input “system settings” to run it.

6. Locate “Regional” in System Settings and you can set preferred language for your system, and the “Input Method”.

7. In “Input Method”, you could find your favourite input methods and the hotkeys for change keyboard languages.

8. Furthermore, in “System Settings” -> “Input Devices” under Hardware tag, you could set keyboard layouts from “Keyboard” -> “Layouts” and assign Hotkeys for them.

Hopefully this could be helpful.

Regards,
CnZhx