Thread: Unwanted KDE apps

1. Default Unwanted KDE apps

Hello Sirs;

SUSE Linux 42.2 LEAP , KDE Plasma Desktop..

Somehow KNotes showed up on my desktop and i can't figure out how to disable it. ( its an eyesore and i never use it..)

Somehow Plasma Search showed up on my desktop and i can't figure out how to disable it. ( it keeps capturing my wine console keystrokes..)

I did a KConsole and ran TOP and don't see KNotes or Plasma Search anywhere , and the running things keep changing places. ( don't know the actual prog names to disable them)
    How do you shut them down??

Default Re: Unwanted KDE apps

try
    Code:
    zypper rm knotes
    about Plasma Search do you mean the app launcher that starts on alt+F2?
    I haven't really noticed it
    you can remove that one too
    https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/Krunner
    Code:
    zypper rm krunner

3. Default Re: Unwanted KDE apps

I looked under "top" and no krunner , but i've got two kworker 's running?

How to shut down the Bing-bar like app that launches when you press Alt-F2
    I must have accidently started it when i tried to switch terminals Alt-F2 instead of Ctrl-Alt-F2

The KDE and Wine coders need to know that it intercepts Wine keystrokes so they can fix the problem...

I just went onto the KDE forum and it says my email address is already being used ??? I've got mafioso hacking my computer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Albert_Redditt View Post
    I looked under "top" and no krunner , but i've got two kworker 's running?

How to shut down the Bing-bar like app that launches when you press Alt-F2
    I must have accidently started it when i tried to switch terminals Alt-F2 instead of Ctrl-Alt-F2

The KDE and Wine coders need to know that it intercepts Wine keystrokes so they can fix the problem...
    You can change the shortcut as you like...

System Settings > Shortcuts > Global shortcuts, croll down to the 'Run command' and change the alternate shortcut to something else, or remove the shortcut entirely (after stopping krunner first of course).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Albert_Redditt View Post
    Somehow KNotes showed up on my desktop and i can't figure out how to disable it. ( its an eyesore and i never use it..)
    If you accidentally paste something to your desktop, it will show up as a KNotes. You can then delete the pasted text, but the empty KNotes remains.

To remove it, right-click on the top margin. The menu should have "Remove this Notes" (near the bottom).
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha