Thread: Nvidia Bumblebee

Default Nvidia Bumblebee

Hi Folks

Ive just installed Tumbleweed and just finished setting up. The laptop is an Asus N550JV with an Nvidia GT750M Graphics Card. What is the best way to install Nvidia & Bumblebee to make use of the Card ?

Cheers

Default Re: Nvidia Bumblebee

Ok so I installed Bumblebee, DKMS & Nvidia through the Bumblebee-Project Repo

When I try to test optirum, I get the following error :

Code:
    [  305.319496] [ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] (EE) /dev/dri/card0: failed to set DRM interface version 1.4: Permission denied

[  305.319528] [ERROR]Aborting because fallback start is disabled.
    Any suggestions ?

Thanks

It could be that the nvidia driver isn't compatible with the newest kernel version. It takes sometimes a really long time that the Bumblebee repo gets a newer driver.
    That the reason I am using this repo http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/fusion809/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/ in combination with the official bumblebee repo to install the newer nvidia driver.

Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor_Thenhammer View Post
    It could be that the nvidia driver isn't compatible with the newest kernel version. It takes sometimes a really long time that the Bumblebee repo gets a newer driver.
    That the reason I am using this repo http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/fusion809/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/ in combination with the official bumblebee repo to install the newer nvidia driver.
    the 381.09 that's just what I was looking for... finally!
    For years already, happily using
    Tumbleweed - Plasma 5, GNOME, i3