PackageKit deletes gpg key

I’m trying to add the KDE:Extra repo from here:
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/

Here are my steps:

~> sudo zypper ar -p 100 -f https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/ KDE:Extra
~> sudo zypper ref

(choose “trust always”)

~> rpm -q gpg-pubkey
gpg-pubkey-1abd1afb-54176598
gpg-pubkey-3dbdc284-53674dd4
gpg-pubkey-233ab63d-5899991c
gpg-pubkey-424551a9-56123db1
gpg-pubkey-c0951497-575ed379
gpg-pubkey-0d210a40-581257c6

(last key is KDE:Extra)

either refresh with KDE system tray updater, or

~> pkcon refresh

(PackageKit silently deletes the key)

~> rpm -q gpg-pubkey
gpg-pubkey-1abd1afb-54176598
gpg-pubkey-3dbdc284-53674dd4
gpg-pubkey-233ab63d-5899991c
gpg-pubkey-424551a9-56123db1
gpg-pubkey-c0951497-575ed379

(KDE:Extra key is gone. A notification about “A security trust relationship is not present” appears when I try to use the system tray updater applet. Unsurprising, because it just deleted the gpg key.)

How can I fix this?
I already tried the steps described here

I will not deny that there can be something wrong with PackageKit here, I wonder why you are not using zypper for your software management. You already started using it, why not sticking to it?

I already use zypper on my server, but on the laptop I want to use the updater applet if possible. It worked fine until recently when something in the KDE:Extra repo changed and it broke.

Thanks for the explanation. As I have neither PackageKit nor the applet installed, I am afraid I have no further experience and can not advice anything else then: use zypper/YaST. But that is purely personal.

Let us wait and see if someone else has a better idea.

In the meantime I tried installing another community repo on my main machine (“games”) and it worked just fine with zypper and PackageKit.

Then I tried adding the KDE:Extra repo in a fresh Tumbleweed installation in a virtual machine, and got the exact same issue - PackageKit deleted it when I ran “pkcon refresh”.

Since this only happens with the KDE:Extra repo, there must be some issue with it.
Where would I report this?

I have the same issues with KDE:Extra. Running the latest updates of Tumbleweed. It makes me unable to depend on the Software Updates applet in system tray, and it refuses to run without key trust. KDE:Extra repository furthermore often makes my packages change vendor. I have tried to resolve this by editing the priority level from **99 (default) **to 100, but so far it seems only to work when enabling the repository. As soon as I skip updating it, zypper will pick a lot of packages from the official one. Maybe I should disable the repo altogether, but I am unsure which packages I have who depend on that repo. How do I list those installed by KDE:Extra?

zypper pa -ir KDE:Extra

For more info

man zypper

Thanks. It seems to fix the vendor problems to change the priority. However, I am currently not able to ditch KDE:Extra, since a lot of useful programs are present in that repository only. I made a fresh install recently and imported my old user profile, but the key-issue remains. It keeps getting deleted, even though I import it manually and it sticks until next software list update. Maybe it has something to do with some incompatible configurations. Now where to start searching?