Thread: Mouse Clicks Don't Register

Default Mouse Clicks Don't Register

This problem started about 3 weeks ago.

Upon restarting computer, I cannot click on anything. I can move the pointer with the mouse and the keyboard works, but no left or right mouse clicks work.

I am running KDE plasma 5 Tumbleweed fully updated with a BTRFS root file system. The mouse is a Logitech wireless USB. The keybord is wired via PS2 port.

The computer uses an AMD FX-6100 CPU and an Nvidia GT-640 Graphics card. I've tried both the modesetting driver and nouveau, but have the same issue.

Beginning at the SDDM login screen, I am unable to click on anything with the mouse. (Other users, shutdown, reboot...). If I log in as the last user (as it is selected when I get to the login screen), I can log in, but I am still not able to left/right click on anything.

I've tried switching to other virtual terminals and then back, but I still can't click on anything.

If I use the CTL + ALT + Backspace twice then I can click with my mouse.

I captured the Xorg.0.log before and after restarting the xserver and the logs are located here -- NOCLICKs CLICKS - I mis-titled these on susepaste.

Prior to the xserver restart, I see AIGLX suspending and then resuming towards the end of the log. I think this is where the issue lies, but this is way over my head.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mark

Default Re: Mouse Clicks Don't Register

Try another mouse maybe. They do break.

Default Re: Mouse Clicks Don't Register

Have you changed the battery in the mouse?

Sorry if that sounds stupid, but I get approximately annual calls from users that forget their wireless mice and keyboards have batteries.
    ~Thank you for sharing an interesting problem.
    --
    slàinte mhath,
    rayH

Default Re: Mouse Clicks Don't Register SOLVED

Thanks for the suggestions.

The problem is now solved.

Over the last several months, this computer has been rebooted, but not actually shutoff. So today, I powered off the computer and pulled the power cord for a couple of minutes. After I restarted the computer, the mouse clicks work without an xserver restart.

Thanks again.

Mark