Thread: Plasma5 crashed

Default Plasma5 crashed

This happened after a pristine install of the latest version (KDE) after the first reboot when adding widgets to the screen.

I used the Grouping Plasmoid added a few widgets to it then clicked on the plasmoid to get the right side controls showing
    then clicked cancel button . This sequence caused the screen to crash. It resurrected again but now the Create New item of the
    right click menu is not showing anymore. Also the previously showing Home and Trash icons have disappeared, the relevant links
    in the desktop folder are here , but are ignored even after a reboot.

The question is how to get the Create New line back into the menu ?

Thanks

Default Re: Plasma5 crashed

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblue2 View Post
    This happened after a pristine install of the latest version (KDE) after the first reboot when adding widgets to the screen.

I used the Grouping Plasmoid added a few widgets to it then clicked on the plasmoid to get the right side controls showing
    then clicked cancel button . This sequence caused the screen to crash. It resurrected again but now the Create New item of the
    right click menu is not showing anymore. Also the previously showing Home and Trash icons have disappeared, the relevant links
    in the desktop folder are here , but are ignored even after a reboot.

The question is how to get the Create New line back into the menu ?

Thanks
    Try reinstalling.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.