Nvidia Graphics Controller Issue

Installed Leap 42.2 and installed Optimus drivers from Nvidia following all the instructions.

Everything is fine until I try to do open the nvidia control panel… I get this message.

You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file (just run nvidia-xconfig as root), and restart the X server.

Any ideas?

I’m not that good with Linux so something with a step by step instructions would be better for me.
I found the instructions to do this in Ubuntu Gnome, but there does not seem to be any easy step by step instructions for OpenSUSE.

??? which optimus configuration bumblebee or primus??

You need to start the NVIDIA driver to use it otherwise you run on the Intel

I believe that it is primus.

I am not sure what is the difference.

Much, primus is a general switch of the graphics set by logging out and back in after changing settings. With Bumblebee you use optirun to switch for each program you want to run under NVIDIA. Perhaps tell what instructions you used.

I followed the instructions on this page…

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_Bumblebee

I read and followed it explicitly but still after all of that, upon starting up the Nvidia app, I get the message
"You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file (just run nvidia-xconfig as root), and restart the X server. "

Quoting from SDB:NVIDIA Bumblebee - openSUSE Wiki :

You may also verify your installation by running nvidia-settings program, which is installed along with the proprietary nvidia drivers:
optirun -b none nvidia-settings -c :8

For a permanent fix, please edit the launcher, e.g. by:

sudo nano /usr/share/applications/nvidia-settings.desktop

so that its contents look like:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=NVIDIA X Server Settings
Comment=Configure NVIDIA X Server Settings
**Exec=optirun -b none nvidia-settings -c :8
Icon=/usr/src/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-375.39/nvidia-settings.png**
Categories=Application;Settings;