Thread: Banshee Player fails to install

Hybrid View

Default Banshee Player fails to install

Hi,

I'm trying to install banshee from software.opensuse.org I select TW, then the 1-click install option, it says some not all can be installed. What can I do?

Mark.

Default Re: Banshee Player fails to install

Quote Originally Posted by Quicken2k View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to install banshee from software.opensuse.org I select TW, then the 1-click install option, it says some not all can be installed. What can I do?

Mark.
    there doesn't seam to be a 64bit version in the standard repo and only the multimedia repo seams to have it
    try installing it with zypper
    Code:
    zypper in http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/apps/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/banshee-2.6.2-2.91.x86_64.rpm
    you can do copy/paste with the above line (shift+insert is paste in a console)
    if it doesn't install you can post the error output here

ps
    it looks like banshee has been forgotten upstream as the last update was done 3 years ago it might be the reason it's missing in some of the repo's you can try Amarok or Clementine

Default Re: Banshee Player fails to install

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    there doesn't seam to be a 64bit version in the standard repo and only the multimedia repo seams to have it
    try installing it with zypper
    Code:
    zypper in http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/apps/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/banshee-2.6.2-2.91.x86_64.rpm
    you can do copy/paste with the above line (shift+insert is paste in a console)
    if it doesn't install you can post the error output here

ps
    it looks like banshee has been forgotten upstream as the last update was done 3 years ago it might be the reason it's missing in some of the repo's you can try Amarok or Clementine
    Amarok has dupe file checking that annoys me, I will try the other one thanks.