Install Vmware but not open

Hello i just install vmware, and when try to open the program the program not open, only appear in the task bar the icon of the program like others and the loading over the program icon like is opening the program, i try open the program by terminal but no throw error, and use journalctl -xe because i look for the service that neither start so here is what the journal drop me

mar 13 11:10:32 Dorrejo systemd[1]: vmware.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
mar 13 11:10:32 Dorrejo systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: This service starts and stops VMware services.
-- Subject: Unit vmware.service has failed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
-- 
-- Unit vmware.service has failed.
-- 
-- The result is failed.
mar 13 11:10:32 Dorrejo systemd[1]: vmware.service: Unit entered failed state.
mar 13 11:10:32 Dorrejo systemd[1]: vmware.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

so if someone know how to solve this problem or know how to fix the LSB, i will grateful the help.

What VMware version is this? It may, and usually does, require patching for Tumbleweed because of constant kernel changes (the modules that vmware uses).

Hint; You might want to opt using KVM instead of VMware unless you have a specific need as it won’t require 3rd party modules to run.

thank you for you fast response.

1. i am new on linux so i will take present the constant kernel changes.
  2. the last version recent download from the web site: vmware-workstation 12.5.3.5115892
  3. How/where can i learn use KVM, because i want to learn to use the physics hardware like the graphics card or more compatibility to play and to use Affinity Designer on windows.

Tumbleweed might not be the best platform to run proprietary software such as VMware if you are new to Linux as kernel gets updated like once a week and there are often changes that may break VMware, requiring some VMware modules to be manually patches (as they can’t keep up with the changes themselves).

For more information on KVM, take a look at this wonderful link; https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/virtualization/html/book.virt/index.html

You can run Windows on it without having to worry about proprietary software incompatibility.

The other alternative would be to run VirtualBox, which is covered here: https://en.opensuse.org/VirtualBox - it’s included with Tumbleweed so you should be able to install it from YAST / Software.

Thank you for all that info.

Skimming the first few pages of the community virtualization documentation,
I still see the same gross errors in virtualization concepts I’ve long complained about, it is <not> “wonderful.”
Exact “cookbook” steps as followed won’t likely cause problems but for anyone learning the technology about full virtualization and paravirtualization (and that’s pretty basic) will require nearly complete unlearning and translating to correct terminology at some time.

Instead, I highly recommend the original SLES documentation which the community documentation is supposed to be derived from… Where the terminology and concepts are correct. This is one situation where SLES documentation is completely applicable to openSUSE except for original installation (use YaST to install and you’ll be fine).

SLES 11 SP4

SLES 11 “book”

As for a virtualization platform in general,
I do not recommend TW because of its many and constant changes unless you’re willing to tolerate periodic downtime.
Better is to install LEAP and run TW in a Guest if stability and reliability (which means even simple accessibility at times) is important to you.

TSU

Give Virtualbox a try, imho. Works well on my 8Gb OpenSUSE machine running Windows 10 Server Evaluation ova.