Thread: internet connection

Default internet connection

I have a big question

Just a few days ago when I was using 13.1, I was using these rescue cd's on a regular basis. Since I have installed Leap42 I have not been able to use my boot able rescue cd's. I can only assume that something got broke during the install. I have 7 boot able cd's that give me internet capabilities. Right now not one of them will allow me to connect to the internet. Before I consider reinstalling, Is this something that can be easily fixed
    Mike

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)
    KDE: 4.10, ATI Radeon HD Graphics

Default Re: internet connection

Need more info...

The OS has nothing to do with if a CD will boot or not

So please explain exactly what you are doing and expect

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Need more info...

The OS has nothing to do with if a CD will boot or not

So please explain exactly what you are doing and expect
    Not a problem with any of them booting, each of the cd's have a browser (usually Firefox) of some kind. But not one of them will allow me to browse from said browser.
    Mike

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)

Again the installed OS has nothing at all to do with an OS that is booted from a CD/DVD

Are you doing cold boots ie turn the machine off then boot the CD. Could be that 42.2 is leaving the NIC in a incompatible state. A cold boot should correct that. I've heard of this happening on some hardware between Windows and Linux on dual boot machines

What OS is used on the CD's??

Again the installed OS has nothing at all to do with an OS that is booted from a CD/DVD

Are you doing cold boots ie turn the machine off then boot the CD. Could be that 42.2 is leaving the NIC in a incompatible state. A cold boot should correct that. I've heard of this happening on some hardware between Windows and Linux on dual boot machines

I will give this cold boot a test.
    Mike

that did not do the trick
    Mike

Again: this has nothing to do with the system that is on your disks (LEAP 42.2). Because that is not even running.

It is the operating system on those CDs/DVDs that are running. So @gogalthorpe asked you:
    And he got no answer from you!
    Henk van Velden

While the OP is getting a lot of good help here, i just thought that I would chime in and say that this sounds like what happens to me when I accidentally press that button or switch that puts my computer in airplane mode. Hours spent trying to find the problem, only to realize my problem with a Eureka! moment.