Need help with Debian packaging: how to tell the OBS which tarball to use as upstream source?

Hi,

I have been attempting to add Debian/Ubuntu packages to my repertoire of bleeding-edge (updated usually within 12 hours of the latest upstream release becoming available) Vim packages that I build in the OBS. For the packaging files I am presently trying to use see https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:fusion809/vim-debian, specifically revision 1 (as I will no doubt update this later when I either figure out a solution or after you’s provide me with one). The problem is that my live logs are telling me that the OBS is having trouble determining which is the tarball for the upstream source (which is meant to be vim_8.0.0402.orig.tar.gz) and which is meant to be the Debian packaging files tarball (which is meant to be vim_8.0.0402-1.debian.tar.gz). If you are wondering why I am keeping my changelog outside the Debian packaging tarball it’s to make it easier for me to update it in the future as when a new release comes out the packaging file I always have to update is the changelog. The other Debian packaging files only rarely have to be updated. Does anyone know I am meant to clarify this issue for the OBS? Here is the exact error message I am presently getting, in case you’re wondering if I interpreted it right:

264s] RTNETLINK answers: File exists
  264s] RTNETLINK answers: File exists
  265s] Running build time source services...
  265s] Found files matching debian.*, running debian transformer...
  265s] release: (1.1), release (DEB) (1.1)
  265s] Too many files looking like a usable source tarball (would not know which to pick): vim_8.0.0402-1.debian.tar.gz vim_8.0.0402.orig.tar.gz
  265s] ** Started: debtransform --release 1.1 //usr/src/packages/SOURCES //usr/src/packages/SOURCES/vim_8.0.0402-1.dsc //usr/src/packages/SOURCES.DEB
  265s] No DEBTRANSFORM-TAR line in the .dsc file.
  265s] Attempting automatic discovery of a suitable source archive.
  265s] debian transforming failed.

Thanks for your time,
Brenton

Nvm I found a solution. I merely needed to rename the dsc file as debian.dsc and rename the vim_8.0.0402-1.debian.tar.gz tarball as debian.tar.gz. I also had to simplify the dsc file to:

Format: 1.0
Source: vim
Binary: vim-common, vim-gui-common, vim-runtime, vim-doc, vim-tiny, vim, vim-dbg, vim-gtk, vim-nox, vim-athena, vim-lesstif, vim-gnome
Architecture: any all
Version: 2:8.0.0402-1
Maintainer: Brenton Horne <brentonhorne77@gmail.com>
Homepage: http://www.vim.org/
Standards-Version: 3.9.4
Build-Depends: autoconf, libacl1-dev, libgpmg1-dev [linux-any], debhelper (>= 7.2.3~), libtinfo-dev | libncurses5-dev, libselinux1-dev [linux-any], dpkg-dev (>= 1.15.1), libgtk2.0-dev, libxaw7-dev, libxt-dev, libxpm-dev, libgnomeui-dev, libperl-dev, tcl-dev, python-dev, ruby, ruby-dev, lua5.2 | lua 5.1, liblua5.2-dev | liblua5.1-dev, libgtk-3-dev, python3-dev, ghostscript, pdf2svg
Build-Depends-Indep: docbook-xml, docbook-utils
Build-Conflicts: ruby1.8, ruby1.8-dev
Package-List: 
 vim deb editors optional
 vim-athena deb editors extra
 vim-common deb editors important
 vim-dbg deb debug extra
 vim-doc deb doc optional
 vim-gnome deb editors extra
 vim-gtk deb editors extra
 vim-gui-common deb editors optional
 vim-lesstif deb oldlibs extra