What is going on with python3-six in the openSUSE Tumbleweed repos?

Hi,

I’ve noticed that my Blockify package is not correctly building for openSUSE Tumbleweed as it says that nothing provides python3-six needed by python3-setuptools. python3-six isn’t proprietary so it should not be excluded from the OBS repos. This is further supported by the fact that the package is building fine for openSUSE Leap 42.1 and 42.2. I have even tried adding the devel:languages:python and devel:languages:python3 repos to my OBS project as both these repos have python3-six in them. This has NOT worked at fixing this problem, so I’m here to ask what the problem is?

Thanks for your time,
Brenton

Trigger a rebuild for the TW packages and post relevant snippet from build results if it still fails.

python3-six is included with TW (as is python-six for 2.x series) so it shouldn’t be an issue.

I’m afraid I don’t know how to given that my Tumbleweed packages are listed as “Unresolved”. I know going to their logs, if they weren’t listed as unresolved, and clicking “Trigger rebuild” would trigger their rebuild but given that there’s no link to the log file I don’t know how to trigger their rebuild

I tried going to https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:fusion809/blockify/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64 and clicking “Trigger rebuild” but that’s made no difference (after waiting about 10 minutes). It still says, “Nothing provides python3-six needed by python3-setuptools”.

Yes, but it has been merged with python-six into one specfile a few hours ago, and the separate python3-six package has been dropped in OBS.

You probably just need to wait until OBS picks up the new package, which depending on the load can take some hours…

Thanks, first bit of useful info I’ve got on this issue. I even asked in the #opensuse-buildservice IRC channel.

It’s been around 17 hours since you said to wait for a few hours for python3-six to become available and it’s still not available.

On Wed 01 Mar 2017 05:16:01 AM CST, fusion809 wrote:

It’s been around 17 hours since you said to wait for a few hours for
python3-six to become available and it’s still not available.

Hi
Your unresolvable is python3-setuptools now, lots of rebuilding going
on, the move to the single spec file maybe causing funnies and rebuilds.
When that happens things don’t get published, just be patient, or
create your own build server instance and be in complete control.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.36-44-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

'tis fixed now :).

Hi
Well available :wink: Remember the home repos are on the bottom of the priority list if OBS gets busy, so if things are blocked, patience is required, you can also check status on the OBS monitor page to see for example if the publishers are running or any other issues.

…and if it is really urgent, build locally and once it is running, check project in again.