Thread: keyboard input language

Default keyboard input language

there is no azerbaijan keyboard input language. i would like to make one. but as i understood i found just translating whole system. but i need just keyboard input language. how to do that is there guide for that??

Default Re: keyboard input language

on plasma there appears to be azerbaijan keyboard layout is this not it? if you have a different desktop perhaps you should state this.

i have kde plasma 5.8.3 when i enter system keyboard layout there is no Azerbaijani. and thanks a lot for paying attention and effort

Quote Originally Posted by ndc33 View Post
    on plasma there appears to be Azerbaijan keyboard layout is this not it? if you have a different desktop perhaps you should state this.

FYI (i should have said before) im on tumbleweed with plasma 5.9.2 settings:input-devices:keyboard:layouts:add:layout shows it.

OK will try it out today. is tumbleweed safe to use. i mean does it crash a lot??

Quote Originally Posted by ndc33 View Post
    FYI (i should have said before) im on tumbleweed with plasma 5.9.2 settings:input-devices:keyboard:layouts:add:layout shows it.

i have used it for 7 months and has NEVER crashed. Minor issue with wifi not working once on reboot which could be fixed by refresh or reverting /etc/resolve.conf. then a few trivial things like open office needed to be started in safe mode and profile removed. i.e. i have so far had nothing but a couple of trivial gremlins. If you have a discreet video card TW might be hard work.
    tip for TW add this to .bashrc and use dup alias to update (many people get updating wrong):
    alias dup='sudo screen zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change --auto-agree-with-licenses'

Quote Originally Posted by aze1990 View Post
    i have kde plasma 5.8.3 when i enter system keyboard layout there is no Azerbaijani. . .
    Azerbaijani keyboard layout is available in plama 5.8.3

but perhaps you are looking in Yast > system keyboard layout

you should instead look in systemsettings5 > Input Devices > Keyboard