Thread: Tumbleweed fails to reach target on startup: systemd-journal-flush.service and CUPS scheduler fail t

1. Default Tumbleweed fails to reach target on startup: systemd-journal-flush.service and CUPS scheduler fail t

Hi,

For some reason my openSUSE Tumbleweed system fails to reach its startup target (with its GUI). I also cannot access the command-line (which one can normally access via pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1, for example). systemd-journal-flush.service fails to start, as does the CUPS scheduler. As I mentioned in this previous thread I now have the kernel options:

Code:
    plymouth.enable=0 splash=verbose
    but this does not seem to fix this problem. Any ideas of how to fix this problem?

Thanks for your time,
    Brenton
    Brenton Horne: Linux enthusiast and writer of ​The Hornery.
    Seven favourite distros
    : Arch, Fedora, Gentoo, openSUSE Tumbleweed and Void.

2. Default Re: Tumbleweed fails to reach target on startup: systemd-journal-flush.service and CUPS scheduler fa

I attempted to fix this error by running:

Code:
    btrfs check --repair /dev/sda2
    from a chroot into my Tumbleweed installation. This resulted in a segmentation fault error and after this I couldn't even start Tumbleweed before systemd would give me an error stating that it could not mount sysroot, at which point I was dumped into emergency mode. So I decided to reinstall Tumbleweed.
    Seven favourite distros

3. Default Re: Tumbleweed fails to reach target on startup: systemd-journal-flush.service and CUPS scheduler fa

This present thread leads into this other thread if anyone is interested.
    Seven favourite distros

Default Re: Tumbleweed fails to reach target on startup: systemd-journal-flush.service and CUPS scheduler fa

btrfs check --repair is recommended as the last resort, its also supposed to be unmounted so if im reading correctly why did you "chroot"?

5. Default Re: Tumbleweed fails to reach target on startup: systemd-journal-flush.service and CUPS scheduler fa

Rofl, good question, yeah I didn't actually chroot into the Tumbleweed installation not sure why I said that, moment of confusion perhaps. /dev/sda2 was unmounted (I actually tried btrfs check --repair partly because I couldn't seem to mount /dev/sda2 as it gave bad superblock errors) when I ran btrfs check --repair.
    Seven favourite distros