Thread: htop doesn't autostart at login in kde though htop.desktop file is in ~/.config/autostart by kde

Default htop doesn't autostart at login in kde though htop.desktop file is in ~/.config/autostart by kde

Good day dear opensuse user !

I just installed 42.2 because i need to replace my 13.1 .

I want htop to start at every login .

So i used the kde system configuration interface to choose the htop program to start at login .

I can see that the htop.desktop file is here in the ~/.config/autostart directory , as expected .
    But no htop started at login , though i logged out and in many times ....
    Yet, when i click on this htop.desktop file, htop starts without problems ....

Isn't it strange ?

BTW, gkrellm2 starts at every login without problems.... And there are no gkrellm2 scripts or .desktop files neither in the ~/.config/autostart directory , nor in the ~/.config/autostart-scripts directory ...

i don't understand.

Default Re: htop doesn't autostart at login in kde though htop.desktop file is in ~/.config/autostart by kde

Did anyone see the same problem ?

Default Re: htop doesn't autostart at login in kde though htop.desktop file is in ~/.config/autostart by kde

Just try inserting 'htop' (the command) in your autostart folder. That should work if /usr/bin is in your PATH.
    Pete

Yes i edited a script that i put in the ~/.config/autostart-scripts directory.
    Of course.
    But this is a bug if you use the gui and it doesn't work as expected.

htop is command line not a GUI where do you expect it to run??

Well since it was in the menu, and since you can click it , i thought that it could be considered as a normal "window" program.
    But it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Christophe_deR View Post
    Yes i edited a script that i put in the ~/.config/autostart-scripts directory.
    Of course.
    But this is a bug if you use the gui and it doesn't work as expected.

What I wrote was to use just the command - not a script.
    Pete

Default [solved] htop doesn't autostart at login in kde though htop.desktop file is in ~/.config/autostart

Anyway. It works now, though not as i expected.
    Thanks to all.