How to use Wine - Open SUSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.5

Hi Everyone,

I should know how to do this, but I have never really wanted to run a Windows program badly enough to use Wine. I have downloaded the .exe file to my download folder. I then opened it with Wine. It took me to a Windows installer, I didn’t get the option to change the file name, it is telling me it is in

c:\Program Files\Devil Limited\Devil -  Basic 2

Then I got the ‘finish’ button, without the option to open the program.

So I believe the program has been installed to wine, but I have no idea how to access it. Where is Wine? I read that if I go to wine, I will see the c: drive it has made, but I don’t know where to find it.

I have looked at the readme file and tried various combinations in konsole, but I don’t think it is coping with the spaces.Windows likes to use spaces, but you don’t get them in Linux. So

wine c:\\Program Files\Devil Limited\Devil - Basic 2
wine: cannot find 'c:\Program' 

appears to get stuck at the first space.

Any help gratefully received.

Wine programs are in your home

Thank you so much, it is a hidden file in home. I found it and nothing happens. I am going to go to wine and check if program is supported.

You have to start it using wine ie wine exename

if you use an installer wine will create an apropriate launcher in the main menu no need to go looking for wine’s folder
if you want to execute a portable app just run it from where it is there is no need to put it in wine’s folder
generally speaking there are several ways to run windows apps under wine, from the terminal >wine path_to_windows_app.exe
or from the file manager by rightclicking an exe and selecting open with wine
as I said if you use an installer with wine you can launch the windows app from the main menu

Thanks everyone. I went to WineHQ and it doesn’t appear the program is supported. I should have checked there first.

what I usually do is right-click on an windows installation program and select open with wine
after it’s installed a launcher appears in the plasma menu, the program it self goes in ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/ etc
WineHQ has nothing to do with it, it’s a database of programs that work with wine it won’t install anything