Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Problem switching from Nvidia to ati

  1. #1

    Default Problem switching from Nvidia to ati

    Hi all.

    I just removed from packages installed *G04* packages installed when i set my nvidia graphics cards.

    Now i don't have that card, and be replaced from my integrated hd4200 ati.

    Now kde5 don't start, and gives error: check installation.

    I have noticed this in Xorg.0.log, and i think that it's the real problem:

    Code:
    (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.[     9.862] (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so: libnvidia-tls.so.375.26: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [     9.862] (EE) Failed to load module "glx" (loader failed, 7)
    [     9.863] (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (module does not exist, 0)
    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: Problem switching from Nvidia to ati

    Quote Originally Posted by locario2 View Post
    I have noticed this in Xorg.0.log, and i think that it's the real problem:

    Code:
    (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    [     9.862] (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so: libnvidia-tls.so.375.26: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Yes, apparently there's still some nvidia stuff around, at least libglx.so seems to still point to the nvidia version.

    This should switch libglx.so to the Xorg version, and fix that problem:
    Code:
    sudo /sbin/update-alternatives --set libglx.so /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/xorg/xorg-libglx.so
    And double check that all nvidia packages are really uninstalled:
    Code:
    zypper se -s nvidia
    or
    Code:
    rpm -qa | grep nvidia

  3. #3

    Default Re: Problem switching from Nvidia to ati

    Hi there!

    im with my smartphone right now, but i am able to connect to my computer, runned the commands and i inform you that you saved my day!

    xorg log says something about that fglrx module unloaded, but i can see the desktop.

    when i will be in my house will post the log, anyway really thanks for the help!!!!!!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Problem switching from Nvidia to ati

    Quote Originally Posted by locario2 View Post
    im with my smartphone right now, but i am able to connect to my computer, runned the commands and i inform you that you saved my day!
    Good!

    xorg log says something about that fglrx module unloaded, but i can see the desktop.
    That's normal for Radeon cards.
    By default (i.e. without an explicit xorg.conf that specifies a specific driver), Xorg tries to load a few drivers but only one (the "best" one it finds) is used in the end.

    As you don't have fglrx installed, it cannot load it and (hopefully) uses radeon then.
    Xorg.0.log should tell.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Problem switching from Nvidia to ati

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Good!


    That's normal for Radeon cards.
    By default (i.e. without an explicit xorg.conf that specifies a specific driver), Xorg tries to load a few drivers but only one (the "best" one it finds) is used in the end.

    As you don't have fglrx installed, it cannot load it and (hopefully) uses radeon then.
    Xorg.0.log should tell.
    Ok!

    Thanks again!!!!!! i write from my openSUSE again :-)))

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •