Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What provides libcurl.so.4(CURL_OPENSSL_3)(64bit)?

Default Re: What provides libcurl.so.4(CURL_OPENSSL_3)(64bit)?

Quote Originally Posted by fusion809 View Post
    Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$DIR/curl/curl-7.53.1/lib/.libs:$DIR/glew-1.10.0/lib"
    If LD_LIBRARY_PATH is empty this assignment makes it look in current directory at the time you run this script. This opens up rather wide door for hijacking your program. You should always check whether variable is set before doing such assignments. Something like
    Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:}$DIR/curl/curl-7.53.1/lib/.libs:$DIR/glew-1.10.0/lib"

Default AW: What provides libcurl.so.4(CURL_OPENSSL_3)(64bit)?

Good point, but wouldn't it be better to put the additional paths in front of the "standard" ones?

This is a serious question, for setting $PATH it certainly matters.

Example:

I use a self compiled version of gpg (2.1.x) but can not switch to it completely (signing and signature checking of rpms still needs 2.0.x).

My solution looks like this, only for my normal user, root does not have /opt/gpg/bin/, so zypper/rpm are happy and my ~/.rpmmrc sets %__gpg explicitly to /usr/bin/gpg.

Code:
    /opt/gpg/bin:/home/axel/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/sbin
    So a "which gpg" gives me "/opt/gpg/bin/gpg", but if I change PATH to this

Code:
    export PATH=/home/axel/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/sbin:/opt/gpg/bin
    a "which gpg" gives "/usr/bin/gpg" (as expected).

I would presume this

Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:}$DIR/curl/curl-7.53.1/lib/.libs:$DIR/glew-1.10.0/lib"
    would only prefer the modified libraries if "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" is empty.

AK
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." (R.J. Hanlon)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12