Both monitors show same icons

I just switched from Ubuntu to OpenSuse. I got a new PC and Ubuntu just wasn’t playing nice. OpenSuse installed no problem. For the most part, I like it. One odd thing is both my monitors show the same icons. (Not in the same place.) But how do I get rid of both my monitors showing the same icons? BTW, I’m using KDE.

Desktop???

Sorry, yes. I omitted that. Both monitor’s desktops show the same icons. Kind of a waste of desktop space.

That’s not what he meant. Please tell us the dekstop environment you’re using (eg Gnome, KDE,…)

Have you tried to just configure both “desktops” differently? (right-click on the desktop or left-click on the toolbox icon in the top-left corner and choose “Configure Desktop”)

As I only have one monitor I’m not sure it’s possible, but I think it should be.

You can configure which folder should be shown, or you can switch the layout to a standard “Desktop” without any icons at all.

Do you mean you have cloned displays currently, and that you’d like to display the desktop across the two screens perhaps?

You can configure via System Settings > Display and Monitor

On 02/05/2017 06:06 PM, deano ferrari wrote:
>
> That’s not what he meant. Please tell us the dekstop environment you’re
> using (eg Gnome, KDE,…)
>
>

The original post stated KDE.

Ken
linux since 1994
S.u.S.E./openSUSE since 1996

Yes saw that and responded last post.

I kind of fixed it. I clicked that square in the upper left corner and basically told my right monitor to display icons for a different folder and pointed it to an empty folder. Really a jerry rig instead of fixing it. Seems like it should work like Windows where the desktop between both monitors should be one folder to the system.