Thread: Most bizarre bug in the OBS build of my Vim package

Default Most bizarre bug in the OBS build of my Vim package

Hi,

I have a package in the Open Build Service that can be found here and while it works for the most part the gvim-gtk3 package it builds (i.e., GVim but with a GTK+3 user interface is what it is meant to provide) is a dud, as whenever I run /usr/bin/gvim-gtk3 with it installed I get the error:

Code:
    E25: GUI cannot be used: Not enabled at compile time
    naturally you'd probably think I made a mistake in my spec file (which for your convenience can be found https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:fusion809/vim-suse/vim.spec?expand=1]here) but this exact same spec file builds perfectly locally when I use rpmbuild (i.e., with the command
    Code:
    rpmbuild -ba vim.spec
    , where the sources and patches mentioned in it have been moved to $HOME/rpmbuild/SOURCES), i.e., gvim-gtk3 installed from this local rpmbuild of my vim.spec file launches without a problem (I even checked the version information and it mentioned it was built with a GTK+ 3 interface as expected). Any ideas of how to fix this problem or am I likely going to have to grin and bare it? Is it possible this is a bug I need to report?

ps. The gvim-gtk2 (GVim with a GTK+2 interface) package provided by this OBS project (using this very vim.spec file) runs without a problem.

Thanks for your time,
    Brenton
    Brenton Horne: Linux enthusiast and writer of ​The Hornery.
    Five favourite distros: Arch Linux, Fedora, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Sabayon Linux and Ubuntu.

Default Re: Most bizarre bug in the OBS build of my Vim package

Quote Originally Posted by fusion809 View Post
    but this exact same spec file builds perfectly locally when I use rpmbuild
    This is usually indication of missing BuildRequire's. You have needed components locally, but they are missing when building in clean build environment.

Default Re: Most bizarre bug in the OBS build of my Vim package

Thanks, your advice worked. It turns out that I (and I can't believe it was such a trivial error) missed the gtk3-devel builddep.
    Brenton Horne: Linux enthusiast and writer of ​The Hornery.
    Five favourite distros: Arch Linux, Fedora, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Sabayon Linux and Ubuntu.