Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Building file spec for kazam-1.4.5

  1. #1

    Default Building file spec for kazam-1.4.5

    Hi, how can I build a file spec for kazam-1.4.5 ? I have found an old file spec for kazam-1.0.6, I can use it for building kazam-1.4.5.rpm ?
    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,213
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Building file spec for kazam-1.4.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Paolo34 View Post
    Hi, how can I build a file spec for kazam-1.4.5 ? I have found an old file spec for kazam-1.0.6, I can use it for building kazam-1.4.5.rpm ?
    Thanks in advance!
    Hi and welcome to the Forum
    If you download the src rpm and modify the spec file (you will need to change to python3 names in the BuildRequires), should work.... What desktop environment are you planning to use this on?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Building file spec for kazam-1.4.5

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi and welcome to the Forum
    If you download the src rpm and modify the spec file (you will need to change to python3 names in the BuildRequires), should work.... What desktop environment are you planning to use this on?
    I have modified python3 in the BuildRequires, ma it doesn't work (https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...:Paolo34/Kazam). I wanted to use it on opensuse leap 42.2 gnome.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Building file spec for kazam-1.4.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Paolo34 View Post
    I have modified python3 in the BuildRequires, ma it doesn't work (https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...:Paolo34/Kazam). I wanted to use it on opensuse leap 42.2 gnome.
    The following error is reported
    error: line 23: Unknown tag: Reguires: python3-gi
    There is a typo in the spec file: Try replacing Reguires in line 23 with Requires.

    That said, I would also check whether 'python3-gi' is the full name of the package. A package of that name doesn't show up when I do a package search.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,213
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Building file spec for kazam-1.4.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Paolo34 View Post
    I have modified python3 in the BuildRequires, ma it doesn't work (https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...:Paolo34/Kazam). I wanted to use it on opensuse leap 42.2 gnome.
    Hi
    I wondered if using Gnome, use the built-in 'kazam-like' feature..? Press ctrl+alt+shift+r to start, same again to stop, check in ~/Videos for the resulting Screencast-<date>-<time>.webm file. No need for kazam.. hence reason why it hasn't been updated.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Building file spec for kazam-1.4.5

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    I wondered if using Gnome, use the built-in 'kazam-like' feature..? Press ctrl+alt+shift+r to start, same again to stop, check in ~/Videos for the resulting Screencast-<date>-<time>.webm file. No need for kazam.. hence reason why it hasn't been updated.
    After that I press ctrl+alt+shift+r the program closed itself after few seconds. I have found a program called "simplescreenrecorder" that it works well and it's in official repo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •