Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How can i download a specific desktop enviconment with leap not the entire 4.7GB DVD ?

  1. #1

    Question How can i download a specific desktop enviconment with leap not the entire 4.7GB DVD ?

    i would like to download a specific desktop environment like i used to in 13.1 and 13.2 but i dont know how to ?!!

    all i can see on the download page is the entire 4.7GB DVD

    i just want openSuSE mate/gnome version !!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    20,378
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How can i download a specific desktop enviconment with leap not the entire 4.7GB DVD ?

    Quote Originally Posted by EssamTarik View Post
    i would like to download a specific desktop environment like i used to in 13.1 and 13.2 but i dont know how to ?!!

    all i can see on the download page is the entire 4.7GB DVD

    i just want openSuSE mate/gnome version !!!
    Roll your own or find an already published build with openSUSE Studio perhaps

    https://susestudio.com/browse

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,743

    Default Re: How can i download a specific desktop enviconment with leap not the entire 4.7GB DVD ?

    GeckoLinux has pre rolled just about all the desktops in Live versions

    https://geckolinux.github.io/

    It is openSUSE just packaged a little different

  4. #4

    Thumbs up Re: How can i download a specific desktop enviconment with leap not the entire 4.7GB DVD ?

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Roll your own or find an already published build with openSUSE Studio perhaps

    https://susestudio.com/browse
    thanks for your answer
    i found geckolinux , which is an openSuSE spin
    it comes in alot of flavors (including mate , gnome and other desktop environments)


    https://geckolinux.github.io/

  5. #5

    Thumbs up Re: How can i download a specific desktop enviconment with leap not the entire 4.7GB DVD ?

    Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    GeckoLinux has pre rolled just about all the desktops in Live versions

    https://geckolinux.github.io/

    It is openSUSE just packaged a little different
    thanks for your answer

    just seen it right before your comment and replied with it
    it seems exciting , i'll give it a try

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    335

    Default Re: How can i download a specific desktop enviconment with leap not the entire 4.7GB DVD ?

    You can do a net install with the net starter download and choose whichever de available. There's quite a few.
    Pete

  7. #7

    Smile Re: How can i download a specific desktop enviconment with leap not the entire 4.7GB DVD ?

    Quote Originally Posted by peteh100 View Post
    You can do a net install with the net starter download and choose whichever de available. There's quite a few.
    this is a good solution but i was looking for something that works out of the box

  8. #8

    Default Re: How can i download a specific desktop enviconment with leap not the entire 4.7GB DVD ?

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Roll your own or find an already published build with openSUSE Studio perhaps

    https://susestudio.com/browse
    It seems that this won't (currently???) work. You could for 42.1, but 42.2 has currently not been released as a Suse Studio option and I haven't seen any update on when that might change, if ever. Geckolinux seems like quite a good option currently and I am going to look at that more closely.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    20,378
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How can i download a specific desktop enviconment with leap not the entire 4.7GB DVD ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurant View Post
    Geckolinux seems like quite a good option currently and I am going to look at that more closely.
    Yes, go with GeckoLinux. It's a good option.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •