Thread: SSH error

Default SSH error

Whenever a connect with SSH from eit her of two machines to the other, I receive the following error:

Code:
    Error connecting: Error spawning command line 'dbus-launch --autolaunch=723741f4d153b48f10a3321357713626 --binary
    -syntax --close-stderr': Child process exited with code 1

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSH error

Can you show us the exact command you're using to initiate the SSH session? Post the command and any output using code tags please. Are you trying for forward X over SSH perhaps?

Code:
    ssh tower
    or

Code:
    ssh 192.168.25.133

Try adding '-v' (ssh -v tower) to your command and it will give you a lot more useful information to help debug the problem. More typically ssh gets blocked by firewall rules, tries attaching to server instance that isn't running, is not running on the expected port or even finds a crusty ssh server at the other side that doesn't understand your preferred protocol. Adding a bit of verbosity will give you more useful debug information to work through.

Daniel

I don't think it is ssh that is causing the issue. The error occurs after entering my password.

Never mind I found and remarked out this in ~/.profile on both machines.

Code:
    gdbus call --session --dest org.freedesktop.DBus --object-path /org/freedesktop/DBus --method org.freedesktop.DBus.UpdateActivationEnvironment '{"GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING": "0"}'
    Both machines were rebuilt with Gecko Linux Leap 42.1 and upgraded to Leap 42.2 so it was something from that.

Thanks for the help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmontz View Post
    Never mind I found and remarked out this in ~/.profile on both machines.

Code:
    gdbus call --session --dest org.freedesktop.DBus --object-path /org/freedesktop/DBus --method org.freedesktop.DBus.UpdateActivationEnvironment '{"GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING": "0"}'
    Both machines were rebuilt with Gecko Linux Leap 42.1 and upgraded to Leap 42.2 so it was something from that.

Thanks for the help.
    Yes, that would explain it. Glad you got it sorted.