I don't know if TLP is working properly

I installed TLP. After running

tlp-stat -s

to see if it’s working, I see the following lines at the bottom of the output:

Notice: tlp.service is not enabled -- invoke "systemctl enable tlp.service" to correct this!
Notice: tlp-sleep.service is not enabled -- invoke "systemctl enable tlp-sleep.service" to correct this!
Notice: systemd-rfkill.service is not masked -- invoke "systemctl mask systemd-rfkill.service" to correct this!

What’s going on? I’ve never seen this on different distros.

You’re being told to configure the TLS service in a way that prevents it from being invoked during bootup (I don’t know why this is, there must be a reason).

Normally, because a systemd Unit file has been created, the app it controls (TLS in this case) can be started up even if it’s not configured to be started up automatically on boot.

If I were to wildly speculate, because you didn’t invoke TLP using the systemd Unit file, something recognized that you invoked the executable directly so is instructing you that if this is what you regularly want to do, then do the described steps to prevent automatic starting.

Maybe someone can come up with a better explanation…

Speculating,
TSU

quick check: install powertop - check when unplugged
(tlp is a bit funny dosnt run itself as a daemon), if powertop shows not working, just enable.

It seems that the tlp service is not enabled when installed.
I did as tlp suggests:

systemctl enable tlp.service
systemctl enable tlp-sleep.service
systemctl mask systemd-rfkill.service
systemctl mask systemd-rfkill.socket

The addition of the last command is suggested here: