Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What has happened to SUSE Studio/Leap 42.2

  1. #1

    Default What has happened to SUSE Studio/Leap 42.2

    Given that I want to try to do security properly (a first?) I want to use Studio to create a version of leap 42.2 with the stuff that I think you need before you go on-line. However the options I'm seeing for the base OS are 42.1 13.2 and various SLES variants.

    So really my first question is what is happening with 42.2 and Studio? Is this the anticipated timing (which I'd find a bit weird since I saw a couple of posts saying how proud people were that Studio/SLEs had come out the same day as the main release and I didn't really find anything saying Leap would be handled in a different way) is there some kind of forecast schedule that I haven't found or is it cancelled/suspended for unknown reasons?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,037

    Default Re: What has happened to SUSE Studio/Leap 42.2

    On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:36:01 +0000, Obscurant wrote:

    > Given that I want to try to do security properly (a first?) I want to
    > use Studio to create a version of leap 42.2 with the stuff that I think
    > you need before you go on-line. However the options I'm seeing for the
    > base OS are 42.1 13.2 and various SLES variants.
    >
    > So really my first question is what is happening with 42.2 and Studio?
    > Is this the anticipated timing (which I'd find a bit weird since I saw a
    > couple of posts saying how proud people were that Studio/SLEs had come
    > out the same day as the main release and I didn't really find anything
    > saying Leap would be handled in a different way) is there some kind of
    > forecast schedule that I haven't found or is it cancelled/suspended for
    > unknown reasons?


    It can take a little time for a new version of openSUSE to show up there,
    and given the holidays have been going on, I expect that's why it hasn't
    happened yet.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10
    Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner

  3. #3
    ptulpen NNTP User

    Default Re: What has happened to SUSE Studio/Leap 42.2


    Hello,
    are there any updates regarding the release of opensuse 42.2 in suse
    studio
    (since today is the last day of official 13.2 support, I want to upgrade
    and studio takes a lot of work)


    Best regards,
    Peter


    --
    ptulpen
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ptulpen's Profile: http://forums.suse.com/member.php?userid=28772
    View this thread: http://forums.suse.com/showthread.php?t=8772


  4. #4

    Default Re: What has happened to SUSE Studio/Leap 42.2

    Quote Originally Posted by ptulpen View Post
    Hello,
    are there any updates regarding the release of opensuse 42.2 in suse
    studio
    (since today is the last day of official 13.2 support, I want to upgrade
    and studio takes a lot of work)
    None that I know of. I am beginning to give up on this approach now. I had been checking more-or-less daily ether this thread or the actual Studio site and have seen nothing which is a bit disappointing. You would have at least expected a schedule or a clear notice saying that it won't happen and nether of those have been forthcoming.

    BTW

    I didn't find Studio to be a lot of work (that was part of the attraction), but it does depend on exactly what you are trying to achieve. Some things are (waaaaay) more difficult than others
    I can (kind of) work around my problem by sideloading the stuff I need, but that doesn't help you. And 'Studio' potentially offered me a more elegant solution, particularly for several PCs.

  5. #5
    ptulpen NNTP User

    Default Re: What has happened to SUSE Studio/Leap 42.2


    Sorry, my formulation was unclear:
    I meant this in the way of studio takes a lot of work away from me =>
    makes it a lot easier
    (I think I had a german expression in my mind)


    --
    ptulpen
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ptulpen's Profile: http://forums.suse.com/member.php?userid=28772
    View this thread: http://forums.suse.com/showthread.php?t=8772


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    4

    Unhappy Re: What has happened to SUSE Studio/Leap 42.2

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:36:01 +0000, Obscurant wrote:

    It can take a little time for a new version of openSUSE to show up there,
    and given the holidays have been going on, I expect that's why it hasn't
    happened yet.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10
    Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner

    ...a little time ... Hmmm... More than a month ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,037

    Default Re: What has happened to SUSE Studio/Leap 42.2

    On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 12:16:01 +0000, norzaw wrote:

    > hendersj;2806161 Wrote:
    >> On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:36:01 +0000, Obscurant wrote:
    >>
    >> It can take a little time for a new version of openSUSE to show up
    >> there,
    >> and given the holidays have been going on, I expect that's why it
    >> hasn't happened yet.
    >>
    >> Jim --
    >> Jim Henderson, CNA6, CDE, CNI, LPIC-1, CLA10, CLP10 Novell/SUSE/NetIQ
    >> Knowledge Partner

    >
    >
    > ...a little time ... Hmmm... More than a month ?


    I hate to say this, but I've got nothin'. Try posting in the forums on
    the SUSE Studio site, since that should put you in touch with the folks
    who operate the site.



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •