Thread: Apps not showing as minimized in KDE Panel

Default Apps not showing as minimized in KDE Panel

Upgraded from OpenSUSE 13.2. In that version, if you had 2 konsoles, and 1 was minimized, it would show as greyed out in the drop-down list of konsoles on the panel. However, in Leap 42.2, they all the look the same. I can't tell which ones are minimized or not.

Has anyone seen this? How do I fix it?

Default Re: Apps not showing as minimized in KDE Panel

13.2 was kde sc 4, 42.2 is plasma 5
    there have been a lot of changes in the desktops
    if you really miss kde4 you can downgrade to it, afaik kde4 will be completely dropped in the next version so it's best you get use to the changes, you should write your issues over at the kde forums as they develop it, opensuse has little influence on it.

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    13.2 was kde sc 4, 42.2 is plasma 5
    there have been a lot of changes in the desktops
    if you really miss kde4 you can downgrade to it, afaik kde4 will be completely dropped in the next version so it's best you get use to the changes, you should write your issues over at the kde forums as they develop it, opensuse has little influence on it.
    So this feature disappearing is something intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by CountBakula View Post
    So this feature disappearing is something intentional?
    As said, better ask at the KDE forums. https://forum.kde.org/
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    As said, better ask at the KDE forums. https://forum.kde.org/
    Wow, those forums are completely useless. No responses at all after 9 days. Worse than here.

I wish someone would explain to me why OpenSUSE 13.2 is being end-of-lifed when there's no stable replacement. The KDE in Leap 42.2 has multiple bugs - I've seen this issue, badly interpreted panel option configuration, corrupted fonts, and buggy apps, like kruler which doesn't apply the configuration options properly.

All in all, having used both, Leap 42.2 (at least with KDE) is not ready for prime time yet. Not interested in leaving KDE.

you can still downgrade to kde4
    just install (and replace when asked) kdebase4 packages
    Code:
    zypper in kdebase4-workspace kdebase4-workspace-addons kdebase4-workspace-libs kdebase4-workspace-liboxygenstyle kdebase4-runtime kdebase4-nsplugin kdebase4-libkonq konqueror
    I do believe the kde4 port of dolphin has been removed but konqy is still kde4 and you can get it from a user
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/dolphin4
    I haven't tested it as I'm on plasma 5
    you need to understand that kde4 has been dead for over 2 years and plasma 5 is being worked on, there are missing features but that's how a lot of users felt about kde4 replacing kde3