Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Leap 42.1 Monodevelop startup issue

  1. #1

    Default Leap 42.1 Monodevelop startup issue

    Hi All,

    I'm trying to get Monodevelop installed and running on Leap 42.1 with Plasma 5, but I'm getting message when it starts:-

    [IMG]Screenshot_20161208_144930.jpg[/IMG]

    If I choose 'Yes', I get a stuck splash screen at the top level in the middle the screen for the duration of the Monodevelop session:-

    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

    I have tried Mono from www.mono-project.com, www.monodevelop.com, opensuse repo. I've even tried V13.2...

    Thanks in advance
    Peter

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    10,821
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Leap 42.1 Monodevelop startup issue

    Quote Originally Posted by 42LeapsOfFaith View Post
    Hi All,

    I'm trying to get Monodevelop installed and running on Leap 42.1 with Plasma 5, but I'm getting message when it starts:-

    [IMG]Screenshot_20161208_144930.jpg[/IMG]

    If I choose 'Yes', I get a stuck splash screen at the top level in the middle the screen for the duration of the Monodevelop session:-

    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

    I have tried Mono from www.mono-project.com, www.monodevelop.com, opensuse repo. I've even tried V13.2...

    Thanks in advance
    Peter
    Your link image doesn't work because it's not a URL.
    You first have to upload your image to a server (not on your own machine unless it's connected to the Internet 265/24/7). You can use an image services like Picasa, Google Drive, etc. Or, I open a non-Forum page (I use my own Wiki pages) to upload. Unfortunately this Forum software does not support uploading images.

    Once you've uploaded your image, a URL to access the image is displayed.
    Some image services require "sharing" the image to create an Internet link, and then <that> URL is used when you use the "Insert Image" button in your Forum Post.

    So, until you can post an image or quote the error, no one can provide help.

    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Leap 42.1 Monodevelop startup issue

    Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    Your link image doesn't work because it's not a URL.
    You first have to upload your image to a server (not on your own machine unless it's connected to the Internet 265/24/7). You can use an image services like Picasa, Google Drive, etc. Or, I open a non-Forum page (I use my own Wiki pages) to upload. Unfortunately this Forum software does not support uploading images.

    Once you've uploaded your image, a URL to access the image is displayed.
    Some image services require "sharing" the image to create an Internet link, and then <that> URL is used when you use the "Insert Image" button in your Forum Post.

    So, until you can post an image or quote the error, no one can provide help.

    TSU
    Thanks. I think it's less problematic just to type the message in...:-

    I'm trying to get Monodevelop installed and running on Leap 42.1 with Plasma 5, but I'm getting message when it starts:-

    The following add-ins could not be started:

    - MonoDevelopment.GnomePlatform,5.0
    Full Path: MonoDevelopment.GnomePlatform,5.0.1
    Error:Error while getting object for node in path '/MonoDevelop/Core/PlatformService',
    - Exception:System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    at System.Refieltion,MonoCMemod.lntenallnvoke(System,ObJect obj,System,ObJect[] parameters) [0x00000] In <filename unknown>
    at System.Activator,CreateInstance (System.Type type,Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>
    at System,Activator,CreateInstance (System,Type type) {OxOOOOO] In <filename unknown>
    at Mono.Addins.TypeExtensionNode,Createlnstance() [0x00000] in <file name unknown>
    at Mono.Addlns.InstanceExtensionNode.GeTInstance () [0x00000] In <filename unknown>
    at Mono.Addins.InstanceExtensionNode.Getlnstance(System.Type expectedType) [OxOOOOO] in <filename unknown>
    at Mono.Addlns.ExtensionNode.GetChildObjecrtInteral(System.Type arrayElementType,Boolean reuseCachedlnstance) [0x00000] In <filename unknown>

    You can start MonoDevelop without these add-ins,but the functionality they provide will be missing Do you wish to continue?



    If I choose 'Yes', I get a stuck splash screen at the top level in the middle the screen for the duration of the Monodevelop session:-

    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

    I have tried Mono from www.mono-project.com, www.monodevelop.com, opensuse repo. I've even tried V13.2...

    Thanks in advance
    Peter

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    10,821
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Leap 42.1 Monodevelop startup issue

    From the error you posted,
    I suspect a path issue, your modules are inaccessible because they're not where they're expected.
    You can verify this by installing "locate" and scanning for the missing file names to see where their actual locations are
    Install locate
    Code:
    zypper mlocate
    Update the locate database immediately because we don't want to wait for the 24 hrs it will automatically update
    Code:
    updatedb
    Now you can do your search
    Code:
    locate /MonoDevelop/Core/PlatformService
    My guess is that the result of the above search will be either in your home directory or not a subdirectory of the monodevelop binary... So, you'll need to resolve by modifying the monodevelop app configuration to point to the proper location or copy to the expected located.

    You can also try running with "sudo" instead of "su" if the modules are in your home directory.

    How your paths might have come to be faulty depends on how you installed... Ordinarily a RPM package should create a menu option and set security so that paths work. If you installed from the monodevelop site and/or from source, then perhaps the security context of how you installed could have affected paths.

    Depending on what you find, you may want to submit a bug to https://bugzilla.opernsuse.org.

    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Leap 42.1 Monodevelop startup issue

    Try:
    Code:
    sudo zypper in libgnomeui
    That should fix the "MonoDevelopment.GnomePlatform,5.0" issue... at least it fixed it for me...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    10,821
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Leap 42.1 Monodevelop startup issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor_Thenhammer View Post
    Try:
    Code:
    sudo zypper in libgnomeui
    That should fix the "MonoDevelopment.GnomePlatform,5.0" issue... at least it fixed it for me...
    That's true, and should be verified...
    You should make sure the Mono development pattern is installed
    Code:
    zypper in -t pattern devel_mono
    And then, after that I'd recommend that you review <all> mono packages and see if any might be missed or desired that aren't in the pattern
    Code:
    zypper se mono
    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Leap 42.1 Monodevelop startup issue

    Thanks guys for your help.

    I tried all those things, but it was "sudo zypper in libgnomeui" that fix it.

    Thanks again
    Peter

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •