I've used mediainfo for years and really liked when there was a right click context menu option for it in dolphin/konqueror, as was the case in the KDE 4 world. My switch to Plasma 5 brought an unfortunate end to that (the latter). However, I noticed a while back that there was a kf5-mediainfo package available. I installed that and .... nothing ... still no context menu entry in dolphin. Noticed an update to it on the weekend, rechecked on whether it was now working ... still nothing.

This finally bugged me enough that I got motivated and devoted some time to look into it yesterday and discovered:

Interesting!

Then a google search revealed this thread: http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=138837.0 which provided the final pieces to the puzzle.

Note: I first installed the kde4-mediainfo package and logged out of and then back into Plasma, thinking the (kf5-mediainfo) mediainfo-gui.desktop link would suffice to result in an option in Dolphin > Settings > Configure Dolphin > Services . Wrong. (And, really, I'm not sure why it didn't, but it lead to unnecessary folly as shall be told in a bit). So taking that pclinuxos thread into account, I renamed the (kf5-mediainfo) mediainfo-gui.desktop link and (just) copied the (kde4-mediainfo) mediainfo-gui.desktop file into the /usr/share/kservices5/ServiceMenus/ directory and logged out of and back into Plasma. Success! Only, because I had left a copy in kde4 directory (/usr/share/kde4/services/ServiceMenus/) and had simply renamed the link in the other directory, I now had two mediainfo enteries in the context menu. Why it (the linked copy) decided to work now and not (as I'd said) on the prior attempt, I'm not sure ... correcting this duplication was simple enough, though a further nuisance to a problem that really should never existed in the first place if this had been done right to begin with! Grrr.

Hopefully this may be of assistance to someone.