Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: help to compile be::clock-kf5 and put it in an opensuse repository

  1. #1

    Talking help to compile be::clock-kf5 and put it in an opensuse repository

    ...after the blessing of thomas and some virtual beer saint rob repaired one of the best piece of software in the world, beclock, and ported it to plasma5 as be::clock-kf5
    https://sourceforge.net/p/be-clock-k...i/master/tree/
    and it should work, but, how to compile it and put it in an opensuse repository to be used from me and everybody?
    I downloaded all the files in the link above, now, what have I to do?
    manythanks, ciao, pier :-)

  2. #2

    Default Re: help to compile be::clock-kf5 and put it in an opensuse repository

    well, it has been easier than expected, googling solved the compiling problem, it has been enough make the configure file executable then ./configure then make then su then make install... and it worked

    now, how to make an rpm and put in a opensuse repo??

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,002

    Default Re: help to compile be::clock-kf5 and put it in an opensuse repository

    Open Build Service?
    Henk van Velden

  4. #4

    Default Re: help to compile be::clock-kf5 and put it in an opensuse repository

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Open Build Service?
    manythanks, ...this??
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...lock-kf5?rev=7
    and why it doesn't compile and exclude the package?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,002

    Default Re: help to compile be::clock-kf5 and put it in an opensuse repository

    Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    manythanks, ...this??
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...lock-kf5?rev=7
    and why it doesn't compile and exclude the package?
    I am not quite understanding what you are asking here.

    You original question already looked to me as something that belonged in the Development area of the se forums. Your second post strongly suggested to me that it fitted what I know of the OBS, where a lot of "not-official" software for openSUSE is generated (into RPMs) and made available to the openSUSE users (and to other distributions). So I cautious suggested you to look into OBS. But I am not using it, nor do I know about any details. I suggest you ask in the Developments > Open Build Service (OBS) forum. Something that IMHO you should have been done in the first place.
    Henk van Velden

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,803
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: help to compile be::clock-kf5 and put it in an opensuse repository

    OBS is not yet advanced enough to build packages this way. You need a spec file ( like any rpm has ). Maybe you'd better post in the OBS subforum.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  7. #7

    Default Re: help to compile be::clock-kf5 and put it in an opensuse repository

    Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    ...after the blessing of thomas and some virtual beer saint rob repaired one of the best piece of software in the world, beclock, and ported it to plasma5 as be::clock-kf5
    https://sourceforge.net/p/be-clock-k...i/master/tree/
    Thanks for the heads-up!

    I added it to my repo now, as package "kwin5-fx-beclock".
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/kwin5-fx-beclock
    Haven't tried it myself yet, so would be good to get feedback whether it works.

    I'm going to submit it to KDE:Extra too, but there's one problem:
    the code relies on a KDE4 include file and doesn't build successfully.
    I worked around that for now by adding libkde4-devel to the build requirements, before I submit it I'd like to fix that though by patching the code...

    Also, I don't think it's a good idea to replace the existing kwin-fx-beclock package, because openSUSE 13.2 (with KDE4 as default desktop) is still maintained. So probably I'll keep the name "kwin5-fx-beclock" (it is an effect for kwin5 anyway).
    Last edited by wolfi323; 30-Nov-2016 at 14:41.

  8. #8

    Default Re: help to compile be::clock-kf5 and put it in an opensuse repository

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up!

    I added it to my repo now, as package "kwin5-fx-beclock".
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/kwin5-fx-beclock
    good
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Haven't tried it myself yet, so would be good to get feedback whether it works.
    I will try to install it from your repo on 42.2 saturday as I get it
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    I'm going to submit it to KDE:Extra too, but there's one problem:
    the code relies on a KDE4 include file and doesn't build successfully.
    I worked around that for now by adding libkde4-devel to the build requirements, before I submit it I'd like to fix that though by patching the code...
    ...manythanks saint wolfi

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Also, I don't think it's a good idea to replace the existing kwin-fx-beclock package, because openSUSE 13.2 (with KDE4 as default desktop) is still maintained. So probably I'll keep the name "kwin5-fx-beclock" (it is an effect for kwin5 anyway).
    yes, I think the same, I'm already using 13.2 and beclock works well there, ...for the name it seems ok too

  9. #9

    Default Re: help to compile be::clock-kf5 and put it in an opensuse repository

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up!

    I added it to my repo now, as package "kwin5-fx-beclock".
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/kwin5-fx-beclock
    Haven't tried it myself yet, so would be good to get feedback whether it works.
    yes, on my fresh installed leap 42.2 on my laptop samsung EV520 with nvidia graphic card kwin5-fx-beclock works well, but, it seems to have a lot of dependencies..., I installed with one click install and it installs 4 new repositories and about 400 new packages...

  10. #10

    Default Re: help to compile be::clock-kf5 and put it in an opensuse repository

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up!

    I added it to my repo now, as package "kwin5-fx-beclock".
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/kwin5-fx-beclock
    Haven't tried it myself yet, so would be good to get feedback whether it works.
    I decided to delete the 13.2 and install tumbleweed on my laptop, it works also on tumbleweed, add 3 or 4 repos with factory in the name, after installed kwin5, have I to leave or to disable them??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •