Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading Kde is impeded by one repository

Default Re: Upgrading Kde is impeded by one repository

As a general rule you don't NEED any debug files Still think your problem is mixing version

DO vendor change to those repos to stop KDE packages coming in via the normal repos

hi

How ? I'm trying to dup from repos 13 and 15 (Frameworks and Qt5) but it does not work

http://pastebin.com/u4ksQ7jq
    openSUSE Leap 42.2 , KDE Plasma 5

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinclaw View Post
    I just had a look for it in YAst and libphonon4qt5 is version 4.9.0-2.6 and there is no *debug package at all.....

Not sure if this is a pointer
    It seems this is some issue with the openSUSE infrastructure -- debuginfo packages apparently were built.

Both OBS and download.opensuse.org say they exist but none of the mirrors have the file available for download.

----

Anyway, you might not need the extra repositories -- Leap 42.2 has Plasma 5.8 which is already the latest version.

If your reason for adding the repos was to keep track with the latest versions of software, it sounds like you might as well upgrade to Tumbleweed.

Given the amount of extra repositories you've included, it seems like this is the case. That would allow you to run the latest software with none of the issues associated with including unstable development repositories.

Hi ;=)

I'd like to upgrade Kde , even with 42.2. Here if i ignore the error instead of aborting what's the result ? (i did and many debuginfo packages were not found).

Quote Originally Posted by manchette_fr View Post
    Hi ;=)

I'd like to upgrade Kde , even with 42.2. Here if i ignore the error instead of aborting what's the result ? (i did and many debuginfo packages were not found).
    Generally speaking, you should not need to install -debuginfo packages for normal use. I would suggest removing all -debuginfo packages and trying the upgrade again:

Code:
    zypper remove "*-debuginfo"
    Make sure that it is only removing -debuginfo packages and not other packages as well though.

Hi
    i removed 80 packages and now it seems ok

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12