Thread: German and French Error Messages from gcc.

Default German and French Error Messages from gcc.

Hi,

I installed Leap 42.2 with KDE and gcc-5, version 5.3.1 last weekend. I'm located in Germany and the region is set to Germany, but everything else is set to US English or Canadian (I use moh_CA for the time format).

I got a French linker error today:
    référence indéfinie vers « Parser14: arser14()

I resolved this error and ran the program. It ran on an assertion and the following German message appeared on standard output, below the assertion:
    Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

I recently added "deutsch" and "francais" to the preferred languages in the System Settings dialog, but "American English" is still the first preferred language. I don't know whether that's related.

The printer dialog if Firefox is 90% in German, only the "Options" tab and "Erweitert" (= Advanced) are in English.

Any idea what might cause this strange mix?

Thanks, Stephan

Default Re: German and French Error Messages from gcc.

Sorry, I wanted to get rid of the smiley, but pressed "submit" too early. The smiley hides a second colon and a capital P:
    Parser14 colon colon Parser14()

Quote Originally Posted by stephanhh View Post
    Sorry, I wanted to get rid of the smiley, but pressed "submit" too early. The smiley hides a second colon and a capital P:
    Parser14 colon colon Parser14()
    Copied/pasted computer text should go between CODE tags. This will avoid the smileys (and much more). It is the button with the # in the tool bar of the post editor.
    Henk van Velden

Did you also try to set the preferred language in Yast?
    I only have German there.

In the yast Language dialog, US English is the primary language and no secondary language is selected.

Thanks for the hint on the code tags.

I think I found the solution in another thread, about Firefox language issues. I removed German and French as preferred languages and the printer dialog in Firefox is all English now.
    When I still had three preferred languages, I got a German error message from bash:
    Code:
     bash: kill: (2173) - Kein passender Prozess gefunden
    It's in English now. I haven't checked gcc yet, but I expect its trilingual behavior to be gone as well.

Thanks, Stephan

Depending on the language you want I would make it the primary one and remove all others or at least make them secondary, if that works.