Thread: Enlightenment e19 issues

Default Enlightenment e19 issues

Hi everyone,
    I've just did a clean reinstall of LEAP 42.2 on my laptop and switched from KDE to Enlightenment e19 (I really like KDE, but my old laptop is a bit to weak for this). Most of the stuff is running pretty well, but I do have some issues:
    1. I'm using kmail5 as mail program. It runs fine, but the email text font is displayed as light gray on white background, which makes reading emails nearly impossible. I believe this stems from the openSUSEDarkAlternate theme I used in Plasma 5 (with a little tweaks here and there, it is one of the best looking KDE themes I've seen so far). Other KDE applications (e.g. amarok) display fine, they even use the dark theme, which kmail does not. Hence question 1: How can I either change the font of the email texts in kmail or the application color of kmail itself?
    2. I don't see a NetworkManager icon in my e19 systray. Now this is a question that was repeatedly asked all over the internet, but most answers say something along the lines of "enable Xembed in the systray settings". The problem I have is that there are no settings for the systray whatsoever. How can I enable Xembed? libappindicator and sni-qt are already installed (I believe they come from the XFCE installation that I used to install LEAP in the first place) but they don't change a thing.

The second point is not so bad - I can fully control NetworkManager via console. But reading emails is something I would like to do without having to select all the text in order to make it visible. Any hints greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    kyoki

Default Re: Enlightenment e19 issues

All right, I found out that e19 renders KDE application colors based on the GTK settings. If I choose breeze-dark (for instance) as GTK color scheme, kmail, etc will also be displayed in breeze-darks style. Now I'm trying to find out how to switch over to qt5-based color schemes for non-enlightenment applications.

On another note: I noticed that e19 dims the backlight of my laptop to about 30% whenever I log off (or shut down). The login manager (I don't know which one is used by XFCE) seems to remember that setting so whenever I boot my laptop, I get a very dimmed login screen. At least e19 restores the backlight to full power when I log in to e19.

Default AW: Re: Enlightenment e19 issues

Quote Originally Posted by kyoki View Post
    All right, I found out that e19 renders KDE application colors based on the GTK settings. If I choose breeze-dark (for instance) as GTK color scheme, kmail, etc will also be displayed in breeze-darks style. Now I'm trying to find out how to switch over to qt5-based color schemes for non-enlightenment applications.
    https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...e-on-liux-mint

//Edit:

+

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Qt#Appearance

AK

Yes, the second link helps a lot. I've installed qt5ct and set the Qt5 style. The remaining problem is: This only works so far if I do this manually in a terminal. I tried to put

Code:
    unset QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE
    export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME="qt5ct"
    in my .profile file, but that did not change a thing (it works, if I execute this in a terminal and start kmail from there). Where should I put this to make sure it is set upon login?

This might sound stupid but apparently my Enlightenment version isn't 0.19, but actually 0.21, the mixup is probably due to the Portal entry that is not really up-to-date (https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Enlightenment). This invalidates my problem with the nm-applet (e21 doesn't support Xembed anymore).