Thread: Dropbox only works when started as a root user since update

Default Dropbox only works when started as a root user since update

My dropbox only works when started as a root user since a recent update on Tumbleweed. I'm not sure exactly which one.

I ran Dropbox with strace and found that as the root user I get this:
    Code:
    connect(3, {sa_family=AF_UNIX, sun_path="/root/.dropbox/Reg/.dropbox/command_socket"}, 66) = 0
    and as a normal user I get:
    Code:
    connect(3, {sa_family=AF_UNIX, sun_path="/home/reg/.dropbox/Reg/.dropbox/command_socket"}, 70) = -1 ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
    I almost never need to use something like strace so can anyone tell me where to go from here to perhaps figure out the cause and maybe even figure out a fix/workaround?

This is in KDE in case it matters.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dropbox only works when started as a root user since update

Since you're running TW, this might happen from time to time.

You might also try launching your Dropbox from a console to see if anything else that might be useful is displayed.

Recommend you submit a bug report to https://bugzilla.opensuse.org.

Be sure to include your TW version (if you don't know, you can extract from the following)
    Code:
    cat /etc/os-release
    Also include the Desktop installed since it looks like your Dropbox configuration seems to be located in a hidden folder in your User directory(or in your bug, possibly the root user's directory).

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!