Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cannot launch Yast2 with neither GTK nor QT

  1. #1

    Default Cannot launch Yast2 with neither GTK nor QT

    I cannot launch yast2 with GTK or QT in tumbleweed after update only ncurses works.
    My tumbleweed is gnome 3 based
    Only using Tumbleweed, Packman, Adobe, Opera Repository
    Tried editing sysconfig editor to force Yast2 to launch with GTK or QT not working at all.
    Please don't ask me to reinstall the OS.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,587
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Cannot launch Yast2 with neither GTK nor QT

    Quote Originally Posted by alphasparc View Post
    I cannot launch yast2 with GTK or QT in tumbleweed after update only ncurses works.
    My tumbleweed is gnome 3 based
    Only using Tumbleweed, Packman, Adobe, Opera Repository
    Tried editing sysconfig editor to force Yast2 to launch with GTK or QT not working at all.
    Please don't ask me to reinstall the OS.
    Reinstalling hardly ever is an option. What does yast report when starting it from a terminal window? Copy and paste output here
    Code:
    su
    yast2
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  3. #3

    Default Re: Cannot launch Yast2 with neither GTK nor QT

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Reinstalling hardly ever is an option. What does yast report when starting it from a terminal window? Copy and paste output here
    Code:
    su
    yast2
    I got this error:

    No protocol specified
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'YUIException'
    what(): Can't open display
    YaST got signal 6 at file /usr/share/YaST2/clients/menu.rb:192
    sender PID: 30111
    /usr/sbin/yast2: line 440: 30111 Aborted (core dumped) $ybindir/y2base $module "$@" "$SELECTED_GUI" $Y2_GEOMETRY $Y2UI_ARGS

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,587
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Cannot launch Yast2 with neither GTK nor QT

    Question: how do you update your TW?
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  5. #5

    Default Re: Cannot launch Yast2 with neither GTK nor QT

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Question: how do you update your TW?
    sudo zypper dup

  6. #6

    Default Re: Cannot launch Yast2 with neither GTK nor QT

    Quote Originally Posted by alphasparc View Post
    I got this error:

    No protocol specified
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'YUIException'
    what(): Can't open display
    Are you running GNOME on Wayland?

    Starting applications as root won't work then:
    https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=955101

    Run this (as user in the user's GNOME session) and it should work:
    Code:
    xhost +LOCAL:
    Or select an X11 session on the login screen...
    Last edited by wolfi323; 31-Oct-2016 at 06:02.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Cannot launch Yast2 with neither GTK nor QT

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Are you running GNOME on Wayland?

    Starting applications as root won't work then:
    https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=955101

    Run this (as user in the user's GNOME session) and it should work:
    Code:
    xhost +LOCAL:
    Or select an X11 session on the login screen...
    Yes I cannot remember if it is wayland when I installed it but now system shows wayland
    Okay at least there is no self created errors in my system
    Thanks

  8. #8

    Default Re: Cannot launch Yast2 with neither GTK nor QT

    Quote Originally Posted by alphasparc View Post
    Yes I cannot remember if it is wayland when I installed it but now system shows wayland
    Yes, GNOME uses Wayland by default in Tumbleweed since some time...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •