Thread: Can't update Firefox Nightly

Default Can't update Firefox Nightly

I recently migrated from manjaro where I used a firefox nightly repository that updated firefox nightly to its latest release. But in opensuse it doesn't seem to be such a repository. The mozilla repositories are outdated the I also searched in software.opensuse.com and there was nothing there either. I tried to get the browser to update automatically by changing the permissions of the folder it was in but still it finds no updates. I also tried to move it to the home folder but it didn't update there either. Do anyone know any repository or way for firefox to update?

Regards,
    Marinus

Default Re: Can't update Firefox Nightly

Mozila Firefox is avalable in the standard OSS repo. If there are security updates ( these are normaly backported patches, but in the case of Firefox this means a complete new version), it is published in the Update OSS repo. Normaly you will have both repos in your repos list after installation. It depends on your preferred way of installing patches/updates, but Firefox will be included therein and most openSUSE users are satisfied with that procedure. I am not sure what you want more then this.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Mozila Firefox is avalable in the standard OSS repo. If there are security updates ( these are normaly backported patches, but in the case of Firefox this means a complete new version), it is published in the Update OSS repo. Normaly you will have both repos in your repos list after installation. It depends on your preferred way of installing patches/updates, but Firefox will be included therein and most openSUSE users are satisfied with that procedure. I am not sure what you want more then this.
    I want firefox nightly channel specifically not the stable channel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Savoritias View Post
    I want firefox nightly channel specifically not the stable channel.
    Nobody's building openSUSE packages for FF-nightly (yet). And it will not end up in TW either, given its unstable nature. But hey, we have the open buildservice.... Create your own repo ( login using the credentials you use here ) and become the first openSUSE FF-nightly package builder. No joke, no sarcasm.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Nobody's building openSUSE packages for FF-nightly (yet). And it will not end up in TW either, given its unstable nature. But hey, we have the open buildservice.... Create your own repo ( login using the credentials you use here ) and become the first openSUSE FF-nightly package builder. No joke, no sarcasm.
    Thanks for the answer. I might try that.