Thread: gedit Gtk-WARNING **: Calling Inhibit failed

Default gedit Gtk-WARNING **: Calling Inhibit failed

When I try to use gedit in openSUSE 13.2 I receive the following warnings:

(gedit:28002): Gtk-WARNING **: Calling Inhibit failed: GDBus.Errorrg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files
    (gedit:28002): Gtk-WARNING **: Calling Inhibit failed: GDBus.Errorrg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

I found the same issue on Ubuntu and the solution was updating package "gir1.2-gtksource-3.0" ... Is there a solution for this warning in openSUSE 13.2 ?

Default Re: gedit Gtk-WARNING **: Calling Inhibit failed

This thread is for answers not questions

There is a fat text at the top of this sub-forum: Please don't ask product questions here!

This thread will be moved to Applications and is CLOSED for the moment.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by kimoz7 View Post
    When I try to use gedit in openSUSE 13.2 I receive the following warnings:

I found the same issue on Ubuntu and the solution was updating package "gir1.2-gtksource-3.0" ... Is there a solution for this warning in openSUSE 13.2 ?
    Moved from Unreviewed Howto and open again.
    Henk van Velden