Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Anybody having font rendering problems with freetype 2.7 + Wine apps in TW?

  1. #1

    Default Anybody having font rendering problems with freetype 2.7 + Wine apps in TW?

    Hi there, has anybody been able to work around the poor rendering of Wine app system fonts with the new freetype2 2.7?

    Bad rendering with new freetype2:





    Old acceptable rendering style:


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,865
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Anybody having font rendering problems with freetype 2.7 + Wine apps in TW?

    Hi
    You need to look at changing the defaults by the look for Wine;
    https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-.../msg00313.html
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Anybody having font rendering problems with freetype 2.7 + Wine apps in TW?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    You need to look at changing the defaults by the look for Wine;
    https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-.../msg00313.html
    Hmm, could you please explain what you're recommending I change? Thanks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,865
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Anybody having font rendering problems with freetype 2.7 + Wine apps in TW?

    Hi
    Have a look at the previous post in the thread I linked to has a user example when using wincfg.

    Systemwide look at YaST -> System -> Fonts.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Anybody having font rendering problems with freetype 2.7 + Wine apps in TW?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Have a look at the previous post in the thread I linked to has a user example when using wincfg.

    Systemwide look at YaST -> System -> Fonts.
    Hi, the user is example is by me. :-) I know how to disable the entire new freetype2 rendering mode, but I don't want to enable it across the system with an environment variable, because it works well aside from Wine.

    YaST Fonts also doesn't improve anything.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,865
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Anybody having font rendering problems with freetype 2.7 + Wine apps in TW?

    Quote Originally Posted by sb56637 View Post
    Hi, the user is example is by me. :-) I know how to disable the entire new freetype2 rendering mode, but I don't want to enable it across the system with an environment variable, because it works well aside from Wine.

    YaST Fonts also doesn't improve anything.
    Hi
    Ahh, now the penny drops

    If you use IRC, jump on #opensuse-gnome and have a chat with DimStar direct, he may be able to help...?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •