Trying to install ndnSIM (ndn network simulator based off of ns-3)

Greetings all,

I’m fairly new to openSUSE, so I’ll just get that out of the way. Although I have a decent command (no pun intended) of the command-line … commands, vi, apt-get, etc. etc., I would not consider myself a very strong Linux user yet. I uninstalled Windows off of this laptop and installed openSUSE Leap 42.1 to do some network simulations for my PhD work.

I don’t know if this is the specific board for this, but I’m hoping it will help.

With ndnSIM and ns-3, there is a command called “waf”. When I issue the following:

./waf configure --enable-examples

most everything seems to be configured correctly, except CryptoPP, which is required for the network simulator.

I’ve looked all over the place, and I cannot seem to find the appropriate way to install this library!

I’ve used :

sudo apt-get install libcrypto+±dev

and this doesn’t work. I get the following:
**No provider of ‘libcryptop+±devel’ found.
Resolving package dependencies…

Nothing to do.**

So I thought, perhaps I can find something on openSuse.org itself and launch YaST2 from their package on the site. And bingo, I found what i think to be the right package: libcryptopp.

Okay, so I think, “alright, openSUSE just chose to name it something slightly different.”, and I go about installing it.

YaST2 comes up, no problem. It says it’s installing. No problem. Then, at the end:

Software installation
Installation was only partially successful.
The following packages could not be installed

• libcryptopp

I cannot for the life of me get this to install, and I can’t get ndnSIM to work without it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And yes, I’m awaiting being added to the ndnSIM mailing list also, but any help you can provide in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JPB

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
In openSUSE we use <some_package>-devel so in your case you need to install libcryptopp-devel either via YaST or on the command line, zypper in <some_package> suggect you check out man zypper or zypper --help for the multitude of options, esp the se(arch) or if (info) options.

I very much appreciate your response! That definitely worked to get me a lot farther. As is usually the case with these things, I have a bit of a different problem now. When I run the ./waf configuration, some tests fail.

1. When looking in the config log, one of the glaring errors was:

#include <sys/inttypes.h>
No such file or directory

I looked around and found an inttypes.h in the **/usr/include/ **directory. I am ashamed for doing what I did next… I copied inttypes.h into the subfolder /usr/include/sys and it removed this error. I’m almost positive that isn’t the cleanest way to do that… if you have another suggestion, I’d definitely like to hear it.

**2. An error that was also present before and is still occurring is this:
uint128_t was not declared in this scope

So I assume there’s some sort of library missing. But i have g++ installed, so any ideas?

Thanks to everyone! Your help is massively appreciated!

John

Oh and by the way, here’s the config file on my Google Drive, if anyone is interested, or if it would help to diagnose the issue:

Thanks again!

John

On Sun 16 Oct 2016 04:46:01 AM CDT, jpbaugh wrote:

malcolmlewis;2796248 Wrote:
> Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
> In openSUSE we use <some_package>-devel so in your case you need to
> install libcryptopp-devel either via YaST or on the command line,
> zypper in <some_package> suggect you check out man zypper or zypper
> --help for the multitude of options, esp the se(arch) or if (info)
> options.

I very much appreciate your response! That definitely worked to get me
a lot farther. As is usually the case with these things, I have a bit
of a different problem now. When I run the ./waf configuration, some
tests fail.

_1._WHEN_LOOKING_IN_THE_CONFIG_LOG,ONE_OF_THE_GLARING_ERRORS-WAS:-
#include <sys/inttypes.h>
NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY
I looked around and found an inttypes.h in the */usr/include/
*directory. I am ashamed for doing what I did next… I copied
inttypes.h into the subfolder /usr/include/sys
and it removed this
error. I’m almost positive that isn’t the cleanest way to do that…
if you have another suggestion, I’d definitely like to hear it.

_2.__AN_ERROR_THAT_WAS_ALSO_PRESENT_BEFORE_AND_IS_STILL_OCCURRING_IS_THIS:
_
**UINT128_T WAS NOT DECLARED IN THIS SCOPE
So I assume there’s some sort of library missing. But i have g++
installed, so any ideas?

Thanks to everyone! Your help is massively appreciated!

John

Hi
What about boost-devel?

http://ndnsim.net/2.1/getting-started.html

Follow the Fedora info…

Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.31-30-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

Hi
Fix (as in patch) the file calling the header to just use <inittypes.h> from glibc-devel?

Did anyone finally able to figure out how to make ndnSIM run on opensuse? These things below always appear

Checking for code snippet                                              : no
Checking for click location                                             : not found
Checking for type uint128_t                                            : not found 
Checking for header sys/inttypes.h                                 : not found
Checking for NSC location                                             : not found 
Checking Crypto++ lib                                                   : CryptoPP not found, please provide a --with-cryptopp=PATH argument (see help)

eventhough I have installed **libcryptopp5_6
**ndnSIM won’tinstall if CrypoPP not found.

I really need to make this work, because for yet-unknown-reason, my machine can’t install any other linux OS.

Nevermind for cryptopp part, I managed to install it into my system.

I downloaded cryptopp565 from its website.

1. extract the file (its in zip) into a folder

$ cd in_to_the_folder
  $ make
  $ sudo make install

If the your problem is only cryptopp, then

$ ./waf configure --enable-examples

Will give the following output. :slight_smile:

---- Summary of optional NS-3 features:
Build profile                 : debug
Build directory               : 
Python Bindings               : enabled
Python API Scanning Support   : not enabled (Missing 'pygccxml' Python module)
BRITE Integration             : not enabled (BRITE not enabled (see option --with-brite))
NS-3 Click Integration        : not enabled (nsclick not enabled (see option --with-nsclick))
GtkConfigStore                : enabled
XmlIo                         : enabled
Threading Primitives          : enabled
Real Time Simulator           : enabled
File descriptor NetDevice     : enabled
Tap FdNetDevice               : enabled
Emulation FdNetDevice         : enabled
PlanetLab FdNetDevice         : not enabled (PlanetLab operating system not detected (see option --force-planetlab))
Network Simulation Cradle     : not enabled (NSC not found (see option --with-nsc))
MPI Support                   : not enabled (option --enable-mpi not selected)
ndnSIM                        : enabled
NS-3 OpenFlow Integration     : not enabled (OpenFlow not enabled (see option --with-openflow))
SQlite stats data output      : enabled
Tap Bridge                    : enabled
PyViz visualizer              : enabled
Use sudo to set suid bit      : not enabled (option --enable-sudo not selected)
Build tests                   : not enabled (defaults to disabled)
Build examples                : enabled
GNU Scientific Library (GSL)  : enabled
'configure' finished successfully (6.540s)

I am not saying that the ndnSIM worked in my system, I just installed it. I will give some report later whether it work as it supposed to be

(The website said that so far it only succesfully worked in OSX 10. and Ubuntu LTS).

OK, I gave up… I didn’t know how to make it work.

I never get passed the compiling process…

If anyone kindly enough, to take a look at the error below, and give any suggestion as to what may had gone wrong, I will be very thankful.

Below is the error from the compiling process.

Waf: Entering directory `/home/tsar/Applications/ndnSIM/ns-3/build'
[2758/2859] Linking build/src/ndnSIM/examples/ns3-dev-ndn-tree-with-l2tracer-debug
[2759/2859] Linking build/bindings/python/ns/buildings.so
[2767/2859] Linking build/src/ndnSIM/examples/ns3-dev-ndn-load-balancer-debug
[2770/2859] Linking build/bindings/python/ns/uan.so
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::DL_Algorithm_GDSA<CryptoPP::ECPPoint>::~DL_Algorithm_GDSA()'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::BERGeneralDecoder::CopyRangeTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, unsigned long, std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char, std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;, std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt; const&, bool) const'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::ByteQueue::TransferTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::FileStore::TransferTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char, std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;, std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt; const&, bool)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::BERGeneralDecoder::TransferTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::Filter::TransferTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char, std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;, std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt; const&, bool)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::Skip(unsigned long)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::ByteQueue::CopyRangeTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, unsigned long, std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char, std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;, std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt; const&, bool) const'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomPool::GenerateIntoBufferedTransformation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned long)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::DERLengthEncode(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::StringStore::TransferTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::Filter::CopyRangeTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, unsigned long, std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char, std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;, std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt; const&, bool) const'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::DL_Algorithm_GDSA<CryptoPP::ECPPoint>::~DL_Algorithm_GDSA()'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::BERGeneralDecoder::CopyRangeTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, unsigned long, std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char, std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;, std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt; const&, bool) const'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::ByteQueue::TransferTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::FileStore::TransferTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char, std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;, std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt; const&, bool)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::BERGeneralDecoder::TransferTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::Filter::TransferTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char, std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;, std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt; const&, bool)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation::Skip(unsigned long)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::ByteQueue::CopyRangeTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, unsigned long, std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char, std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;, std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt; const&, bool) const'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomPool::GenerateIntoBufferedTransformation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned long)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::DERLengthEncode(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::StringStore::TransferTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool)'
./libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so: undefined reference to `CryptoPP::Filter::CopyRangeTo2(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, unsigned long&, unsigned long, std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char, std::char_traits&lt;char&gt;, std::allocator&lt;char&gt; &gt; const&, bool) const'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Waf: Leaving directory `/home/tsar/Applications/ndnSIM/ns-3/build'
Build failed
 -> task in 'ndn-tree-with-l2tracer' failed (exit status 1): 
    {task 140280781832720: cxxprogram ndn-tree-with-l2tracer.cpp.22.o -> ns3-dev-ndn-tree-with-l2tracer-debug}
'/usr/bin/g++', '-pthread', '-pthread', 'src/ndnSIM/examples/ndn-tree-with-l2tracer.cpp.22.o', '-o', '/home/tsar/Applications/ndnSIM/ns-3/build/src/ndnSIM/examples/ns3-dev-ndn-tree-with-l2tracer-debug', '-Wl,-Bstatic', '-Wl,-Bdynamic', '-Wl,--no-as-needed', '-L.', '-L/usr/lib64', '-L/usr/local/lib', '-lns3-dev-lr-wpan-debug', '-lns3-dev-netanim-debug', '-lns3-dev-lte-debug', '-lns3-dev-spectrum-debug', '-lns3-dev-antenna-debug', '-lns3-dev-aodv-debug', '-lns3-dev-dsr-debug', '-lns3-dev-mesh-debug', '-lns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug', '-lns3-dev-visualizer-debug', '-lns3-dev-test-debug', '-lns3-dev-wave-debug', '-lns3-dev-wifi-debug', '-lns3-dev-applications-debug', '-lns3-dev-csma-layout-debug', '-lns3-dev-dsdv-debug', '-lns3-dev-flow-monitor-debug', '-lns3-dev-point-to-point-layout-debug', '-lns3-dev-wimax-debug', '-lns3-dev-nix-vector-routing-debug', '-lns3-dev-olsr-debug', '-lns3-dev-sixlowpan-debug', '-lns3-dev-tap-bridge-debug', '-lns3-dev-internet-debug', '-lns3-dev-bridge-debug', '-lns3-dev-point-to-point-debug', '-lns3-dev-mpi-debug', '-lns3-dev-buildings-debug', '-lns3-dev-config-store-debug', '-lns3-dev-propagation-debug', '-lns3-dev-uan-debug', '-lns3-dev-mobility-debug', '-lns3-dev-energy-debug', '-lns3-dev-csma-debug', '-lns3-dev-fd-net-device-debug', '-lns3-dev-virtual-net-device-debug', '-lns3-dev-topology-read-debug', '-lns3-dev-network-debug', '-lns3-dev-stats-debug', '-lns3-dev-core-debug', '-lrt', '-lpthread', '-lgsl', '-lgslcblas', '-lm', '-lsqlite3', '-lgtk-x11-2.0', '-lgdk-x11-2.0', '-lpangocairo-1.0', '-latk-1.0', '-lcairo', '-lgdk_pixbuf-2.0', '-lgio-2.0', '-lpangoft2-1.0', '-lpango-1.0', '-lgobject-2.0', '-lglib-2.0', '-lfontconfig', '-lfreetype', '-lxml2', '-lboost_graph', '-lboost_thread', '-lboost_unit_test_framework', '-lboost_system', '-lboost_random', '-lboost_date_time', '-lboost_iostreams', '-lboost_regex', '-lboost_program_options', '-lboost_chrono', '-lboost_filesystem', '-lboost_system', '-lboost_signals', '-lboost_filesystem', '-lcryptopp']
 -> task in 'ndn-load-balancer' failed (exit status 1): 
    {task 140280781752272: cxxprogram ndn-load-balancer.cpp.12.o,random-load-balancer-strategy.cpp.12.o -> ns3-dev-ndn-load-balancer-debug}
'/usr/bin/g++', '-pthread', '-pthread', 'src/ndnSIM/examples/ndn-load-balancer.cpp.12.o', 'src/ndnSIM/examples/ndn-load-balancer/random-load-balancer-strategy.cpp.12.o', '-o', '/home/tsar/Applications/ndnSIM/ns-3/build/src/ndnSIM/examples/ns3-dev-ndn-load-balancer-debug', '-Wl,-Bstatic', '-Wl,-Bdynamic', '-Wl,--no-as-needed', '-L.', '-L/usr/lib64', '-L/usr/local/lib', '-lns3-dev-lr-wpan-debug', '-lns3-dev-netanim-debug', '-lns3-dev-lte-debug', '-lns3-dev-spectrum-debug', '-lns3-dev-antenna-debug', '-lns3-dev-aodv-debug', '-lns3-dev-dsr-debug', '-lns3-dev-mesh-debug', '-lns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug', '-lns3-dev-visualizer-debug', '-lns3-dev-test-debug', '-lns3-dev-wave-debug', '-lns3-dev-wifi-debug', '-lns3-dev-applications-debug', '-lns3-dev-csma-layout-debug', '-lns3-dev-dsdv-debug', '-lns3-dev-flow-monitor-debug', '-lns3-dev-point-to-point-layout-debug', '-lns3-dev-wimax-debug', '-lns3-dev-nix-vector-routing-debug', '-lns3-dev-olsr-debug', '-lns3-dev-sixlowpan-debug', '-lns3-dev-tap-bridge-debug', '-lns3-dev-internet-debug', '-lns3-dev-bridge-debug', '-lns3-dev-point-to-point-debug', '-lns3-dev-mpi-debug', '-lns3-dev-buildings-debug', '-lns3-dev-config-store-debug', '-lns3-dev-propagation-debug', '-lns3-dev-uan-debug', '-lns3-dev-mobility-debug', '-lns3-dev-energy-debug', '-lns3-dev-csma-debug', '-lns3-dev-fd-net-device-debug', '-lns3-dev-virtual-net-device-debug', '-lns3-dev-topology-read-debug', '-lns3-dev-network-debug', '-lns3-dev-stats-debug', '-lns3-dev-core-debug', '-lrt', '-lpthread', '-lgsl', '-lgslcblas', '-lm', '-lsqlite3', '-lgtk-x11-2.0', '-lgdk-x11-2.0', '-lpangocairo-1.0', '-latk-1.0', '-lcairo', '-lgdk_pixbuf-2.0', '-lgio-2.0', '-lpangoft2-1.0', '-lpango-1.0', '-lgobject-2.0', '-lglib-2.0', '-lfontconfig', '-lfreetype', '-lxml2', '-lboost_graph', '-lboost_thread', '-lboost_unit_test_framework', '-lboost_system', '-lboost_random', '-lboost_date_time', '-lboost_iostreams', '-lboost_regex', '-lboost_program_options', '-lboost_chrono', '-lboost_filesystem', '-lboost_system', '-lboost_signals', '-lboost_filesystem', '-lcryptopp']

On Thu 24 Nov 2016 01:46:02 PM CST, thunderel05 wrote:

OK, I gave up… I didn’t know how to make it work.

I never get passed the compiling process…

If anyone kindly enough, to take a look at the error below, and give any
suggestion as to what may had gone wrong, I will be very thankful.

Hi
I would summarize your build of libcrypttop and relevant configure
options (maybe didn’t run ldconfig?), why not install the openSUSE
version?

zypper if libcryptopp-devel
Name: libcryptopp-devel
Version: 5.6.2-13.6

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.34-33-default

I already did that (in my earlier post), but the ./waf configure showed this

Checking Crypto++ lib                : CryptoPP not found, please provide a --with-cryptopp=PATH argument (see help)

Can you elaborate about “maybe didn’t run ldconfig”, because I don’t understand it.

On Thu 24 Nov 2016 02:46:01 PM CST, thunderel05 wrote:

malcolmlewis;2801459 Wrote:
> Hi
> I would summarize your build of libcrypttop and relevant configure
> options (maybe didn’t run ldconfig?), why not install the openSUSE
> version?
>
> >
Code:

> >
> zypper if libcryptopp-devel
> Name: libcryptopp-devel
> Version: 5.6.2-13.6
>

> >
>

I already did that (in my earlier post), but the ./waf configure showed
this

Code:

Checking Crypto++ lib : CryptoPP not found, please
provide a --with-cryptopp=PATH argument (see help)

Can you elaborate about “maybe didn’t run ldconfig”, because I don’t
understand it.

Hi
Just building now, no issues to configure (aside from some missing
packages). Started building as well no issues so far aside from a
compile optimization flag warning.

When installing library files, if they are in a non-standard location
you need to make sure they are in the /etc/ld.so.conf.d directory, see
notes in the /etc/ld.so.conf file, then you need to run the command
ldconfig after installing so the system knows where things are.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.34-33-default

Hi
Seems to have built ok…

./waf configure --enable-examples
Setting top to                           : /home/malcolml/ndnSIM/ns-3 
Setting out to                           : /home/malcolml/ndnSIM/ns-3/build 
Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : /usr/bin/gcc 
Checking for cc version                  : 4.8.5 
Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler)        : /usr/bin/g++ 
Checking supported compiler CXXFLAGS     : -std=c++0x -std=c++11 
Checking supported optimizations CXXFLAGS : -O0 
Checking supported debug CXXFLAGS         : -ggdb -g3 
Checking supported warnings CXXFLAGS      : -Wall -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -fstrict-aliasing -Wstrict-aliasing 
Checking for compilation flag -Wl,--soname=foo... support : ok 
Checking for program 'python'                             : /usr/bin/python 
Checking for python version                               : (2, 7, 12, 'final', 0) 
python-config                                             : /usr/bin/python-config 
Asking python-config for pyembed '--cflags --libs --ldflags' flags : yes 
Getting pyembed flags from python-config                           : yes 
Asking python-config for pyext '--cflags --libs --ldflags' flags   : yes 
Getting pyext flags from python-config                             : yes 
Checking for compilation flag -fvisibility=hidden... support       : ok 
Checking for compilation flag -Wno-array-bounds... support         : ok 
Checking for pybindgen location                                    : ../pybindgen (guessed) 
Checking for python module 'pybindgen'                             : 0.17.0.post45+ng4806e4f 
Checking for pybindgen version                                     : 0.17.0.post45+ng4806e4f 
Checking for code snippet                                          : yes 
Checking for types uint64_t and unsigned long equivalence          : no 
Checking for code snippet                                          : no 
Checking for types uint64_t and unsigned long long equivalence     : yes 
Checking for the apidefs that can be used for Python bindings      : gcc-LP64 
Checking for internal GCC cxxabi                                   : complete 
Checking for python module 'pygccxml'                              : not found 
Checking boost includes                                            : 1_54 
Checking boost libs                                                : ok 
Checking for boost linkage                                         : ok 
Checking for click location                                        : not found 
Checking for program 'pkg-config'                                  : /usr/bin/pkg-config 
Checking for 'gtk+-2.0' >= 2.12                                    : not found 
Checking for 'libxml-2.0' >= 2.7                                   : yes 
Checking for type uint128_t                                        : not found 
Checking for type __uint128_t                                      : yes 
Checking high precision implementation                             : 128-bit integer (default) 
Checking for header stdint.h                                       : yes 
Checking for header inttypes.h                                     : yes 
Checking for header sys/types.h                                    : yes 
Checking for header sys/stat.h                                     : yes 
Checking for header dirent.h                                       : yes 
Checking for header stdlib.h                                       : yes 
Checking for header signal.h                                       : yes 
Checking for header pthread.h                                      : yes 
Checking for header stdint.h                                       : yes 
Checking for header inttypes.h                                     : yes 
Checking for library rt                                            : yes 
Checking for header sys/ioctl.h                                    : yes 
Checking for header net/if.h                                       : yes 
Checking for header net/ethernet.h                                 : yes 
Checking for header linux/if_tun.h                                 : yes 
Checking for header netpacket/packet.h                             : yes 
Checking for NSC location                                          : not found 
Checking for program 'doxygen'                                     : /usr/bin/doxygen 
Checking for program 'tar'                                         : /bin/tar 
Checking for program 'sphinx-build'                                : /usr/bin/sphinx-build 
Checking for std::is_default_constructible                         : yes 
Checking for std::is_nothrow_move_constructible                    : yes 
Checking for std::is_nothrow_move_assignable                       : yes 
Checking for friend typename-specifier                             : yes 
Checking for override and final specifiers                         : yes 
Checking for std::to_string                                        : yes 
Checking for std::vector::insert with const_iterator               : no 
Checking for library pthread                                       : yes 
Checking for 'sqlite3'                                             : yes 
Checking Crypto++ lib                                              : 5.6.2 
Checking if CryptoPP library works                                 : yes 
Checking for OpenFlow location                                     : not found 
Checking for header linux/if_tun.h                                 : yes 
Checking for python module 'gtk'                                   : ok 
Checking for python module 'goocanvas'                             : 0.14.1 
Checking for python module 'pygraphviz'                            : 1.2 
Checking for program 'sudo'                                        : /usr/bin/sudo 
Checking for program 'valgrind'                                    : not found 
Checking for 'gsl'                                                 : not found 
Checking for program 'doxygen'                                     : /usr/bin/doxygen 
---- Summary of optional NS-3 features:
Build profile                 : debug
Build directory               : 
Python Bindings               : enabled
Python API Scanning Support   : not enabled (Missing 'pygccxml' Python module)
BRITE Integration             : not enabled (BRITE not enabled (see option --with-brite))
NS-3 Click Integration        : not enabled (nsclick not enabled (see option --with-nsclick))
GtkConfigStore                : not enabled (library 'gtk+-2.0 >= 2.12' not found)
XmlIo                         : enabled
Threading Primitives          : enabled
Real Time Simulator           : enabled
File descriptor NetDevice     : enabled
Tap FdNetDevice               : enabled
Emulation FdNetDevice         : enabled
PlanetLab FdNetDevice         : not enabled (PlanetLab operating system not detected (see option --force-planetlab))
Network Simulation Cradle     : not enabled (NSC not found (see option --with-nsc))
MPI Support                   : not enabled (option --enable-mpi not selected)
ndnSIM                        : enabled
NS-3 OpenFlow Integration     : not enabled (OpenFlow not enabled (see option --with-openflow))
SQlite stats data output      : enabled
Tap Bridge                    : enabled
PyViz visualizer              : enabled
Use sudo to set suid bit      : not enabled (option --enable-sudo not selected)
Build tests                   : not enabled (defaults to disabled)
Build examples                : enabled
GNU Scientific Library (GSL)  : not enabled (GSL not found)
'configure' finished successfully (12.996s)

./waf
Waf: Leaving directory `/home/malcolml/ndnSIM/ns-3/build'
Build commands will be stored in build/compile_commands.json
'build' finished successfully (14m9.081s)

Modules built:
antenna                   aodv                      applications             
bridge                    buildings                 config-store             
core                      csma                      csma-layout              
dsdv                      dsr                       energy                   
fd-net-device             flow-monitor              internet                 
lr-wpan                   lte                       mesh                     
mobility                  mpi                       ndnSIM                   
netanim (no Python)       network                   nix-vector-routing       
olsr                      point-to-point            point-to-point-layout    
propagation               sixlowpan                 spectrum                 
stats                     tap-bridge                test (no Python)         
topology-read             uan                       virtual-net-device       
visualizer                wave                      wifi                     
wimax                    

Modules not built (see ns-3 tutorial for explanation):
brite                     click                     openflow

The only thing that needs to be looked at is with CXXFLAGS;

/usr/include/features.h:341:4: warning: #warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE requires compiling with optimization (-O) -Wcpp]
 #  warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE requires compiling with optimization (-O)

It pops up numerous times…

OK, I deleted cryptopp565 which I acquired from the web, and installed librcyptopp-devel instead. The one below right ?

zypper if libcryptopp-devel
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

Information for package libcryptopp-devel:
------------------------------------------
Repository     : Main Repository (OSS)        
Name           : libcryptopp-devel            
Version        : 5.6.4-1.3                    
Arch           : x86_64                       
Vendor         : openSUSE                     
Installed Size : 1.2 MiB                      
Installed      : Yes                          
Status         : up-to-date                   
Summary        : Cryptographic Library for C++
Description    :                              
    Crypto++ Library is a free C++ class library of cryptographic schemes.

Then I ‘ldconfig’ in terminal, to update the library.

But when I configure waf, It always couldn’t find libcryptopp

Checking Crypto++ lib                                              : CryptoPP not found, please provide a --with-cryptopp=PATH argument (see help)
(complete log in /home/tsar/Applications/ndnSIM/ns-3/build/config.log)

Can you help me through this please?

Hi
Something still lurking perhaps from the manual install, hopefully you ran make uninstall and not just deleted?

The following should show files present?

ls /usr/include/cry*

I deleted them… But when I check “make uninstall” (list below) , that was just what I had deleted.

rm -f -r /usr/local/include/cryptopp
rm -f /usr/local/lib/libcryptopp.a
rm -f /usr/local/bin/cryptest.exe
rm -f -r /usr/local/share/cryptopp
rm -f /usr/local/lib/libcryptopp.so.5.6.5
rm -f /usr/local/lib/libcryptopp.so.5.6
rm -f /usr/local/lib/libcryptopp.so

Still ./waf configure --enable-example can’t find the crypto++ library.

When I put this,

ls /usr/include/cry*
/usr/include/crypt.h

/usr/include/cryptopp:
blake2.h  chacha.h  fhmqv.h  hkdf.h  hmqv.h  keccak.h  mersenne.h  rdrand.h  resource.h  serpentp.h  sha3.h  validate.h

Any suggestion?

Hi
Force the re-install if the libcryptopp-devel package, there should be a lot more files in /usr/include/cryptopp

Thanks, It worked. The compiling process finished succesfully :slight_smile: