Thread: Problem with launching Htop

Default Problem with launching Htop

So, for whatever reason, Htop will not launch from the menu or from Krunner, yet works just fine if you launch from a terminal or console. Go figure.

Anyone else able to replicate this? I experience this on both my laptop and desktop (both tumbleweed and kde based ... no other desktop has been tested)

Default Re: Problem with launching Htop

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_K View Post
    So, for whatever reason, Htop will not launch from the menu or from Krunner, yet works just fine if you launch from a terminal or console. Go figure.
    Well, htop is a console/text-mode application. You *need* to run it in a terminal or console.

That said, krunner should have an option to run the command in Konsole (I'm not in a Plasma5 session currently to check), and the menu editor definitely has.

Default Re: Problem with launching Htop

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Well, htop is a console/text-mode application. You *need* to run it in a terminal or console.

That said, krunner should have an option to run the command in Konsole (I'm not in a Plasma5 session currently to check), and the menu editor definitely has.
    Yes, in the past, both krunner and, from the kmenu, selection of htop would result in it being corectly opened in a terminal. IOW, it worked. Not so now.

Edit: nevermind ... I just checked the advanced tab ... the run in terminal option had become unselected. It works again for both after making that adjustment