Best email server, web or thunderboard, KDE

Hello all. My current email account is from a well known service. I’v heard about hackers breaking in more than once. I need one located outside the USA that will respect my privacy, that will shut down the server before giving out security keys. Only, formal court order by publicly elected judge (rare).

What services will respect my privacy? They will not sell my info to highest bidder or give out security key on some corrupt government’s orders. They have Ad-Free mail services with powerful spam protection and unlimited temp email addresses. The servers are run on Linux. I can change the base address if it becomes contaminated with spam. If I have disposable email addresses, this shouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks.

If you want to talk about law, you need to learn the law, how it works specifically related to your interests.

Start by understanding that no business can operate for very long outside the law in its jurisdiction, and that is what is the basis for almost all search and seizures. Outside the USA, there isn’t going to be any such thing as the 4th Amendment, but then you’ll also not find anything like the Patriot Act (on the other hand, no Patriot Act might be needed).

Also, seizures can happen based on a number of International laws and treaties based on the law of a particular country, like DCMA. Not all such laws “of another nation” are respected or are enforceable in various countries.

So, that is why you’ll typically find companies organize and establish themselves in particular countries that are known to not respect a particular law.

Also, you’ll sometimes find that the <way> you operate can influence what can be seized, with the idea that what you don’t have no one can demand from you. That is why for instance commercial VPNs often state as a matter of policy that they don’t retain any logfiles related to the traffic of their customers.

So,
To answer your original question on face value…
There is no such thing as a company willing and able to deny the legal requests or demands of an important enough entity where that company operates, and that includes government and the legal system it operates in.

There can be no valid protection against unlawful actions by the Provider you contract with, and you aren’t likely protected against any sub-contractors who may have access to your system without your knowledge.

So, like most things in life,
If something like security is important enough to you, you have to implement yourself. Don’t use someone else’ service, rent a co-lo, build your own systems and if worthwhile maybe get insurance and some kind of method for recompense.

IMO,
TSU

Awesome :good: