Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple .pdf manipulation - Libreoffice Writer?

Default Re: Simple .pdf manipulation - Libreoffice Writer?

Quote Originally Posted by suse_rasputin View Post
    Hi again!

I have to do some basic .pdf manipulations:

- Merge some .pdf's in a single .pdf
    - Add page to .pdf from scanner
    - Add some basic comments (in Adobe Acrobat I use Text fields)
    - Add a password to open the file (compatible to Acrobat Reader).
    - Done. :-)
    Except for the scanning directly into a pdf (never tried), I do all this with PDF Studio 8 from Qoppa Sftware. Plus signing pdf's, some basic editing, etc. I ended up buying the Pro version, not cheap but...

A good opensource option is kpdftool. I don't know if there's a compiled version for tw but any from 13.x will run nicely. It does have a bug related to page numbering when adding pdf's together, thou.

An alternative (possibly more maintained?) to kpdftool is PDF-shuffler: basically allows to add and remove pages from one or several merged PDF. It is available through the "Publishing" project on OBS:
    https://software.opensuse.org/downlo...ge=pdfshuffler

Hi I_A!

I wanted to give wine a try on a system to play around a little, I chose TW (current) as the OS to test. Have 42.1 and 42.2 also available, if you consider these more appropriate.

Installed Q4win 1.3.2 from standard repos. Did this prefix thing, started the setup.exe on the CD ()Acrobat X Pro), went through the config menus (I tried both "typical" and "custom") and installation started ("The program features you selected are being installed"), but always stops during "Copying files" with:

Setup interrupted

The wizard was interrupted before Adobe Acrobat X Pro - English, .... could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified... Click Finish to exit Wizard."
    Any special options/tweaks needed to install correctly?

Many thanks in advance
    Kind regards

raspu

With Acrobat 9 Pro I get:

Code:
    Exec string:
    /usr/bin/env  WINEPREFIX='/home/aaa/.local/share/wineprefixes/wineTEST'  WINESERVER='/usr/bin/wineserver'  WINELOADER='/usr/bin/wine'  WINEARCH='win32'  WINEDEBUG='-all'  /bin/sh -c "cd '/run/media/aaa/Acrobat9/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/' &&   '/usr/bin/wine'   msiexec /i AcroPro.msi  2>&1 "
    Exit code:
    App STDOUT and STDERR output:
    , while with X Pro I get:

Code:
    Exec string:
    /usr/bin/env  WINEPREFIX='/home/aaa/.local/share/wineprefixes/wineTEST'  WINESERVER='/usr/bin/wineserver'  WINELOADER='/usr/bin/wine'  WINEARCH='win32'  WINEDEBUG='-all'  /bin/sh -c "cd '/run/media/aaa/Acrobat 10/Adobe Acrobat X/' &&   '/usr/bin/wine'   msiexec /i AcroPro.msi  2>&1 "
    Exit code:
    App STDOUT and STDERR output:
    Yes, I know this is not the Wine Forum, but did not find much there, maybe somebody could point me in the right direction.
    Kind regards

raspu

Wink Re: Simple .pdf manipulation - Libreoffice Writer?

Hi again!

This is the most weird, creepy thing I've every done, with the help of a minor and this intercyber-thing I got it running:

- Install wine in YaST/zypper

- Make fresh 32bit (! important) environment (called "Wineprefix")

Code:
    env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 WINEARCH=win32 wine wineboot
    - Install some "Winetricks" (with these it works, not sure all are really necessary, though)

Code:
    env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 winetricks atmlib gdiplus vcrun2005 vcrun2008 vcrun2010 corefonts msxml3 msxml6 ie6 winhttp
    - Download from www.adobe.com the "Adobe Application Manager" (ApplicationManager10.0_all.exe) file to Desktop (one of the components phoning home to Adobe every time you open/close any of their Apps) and install:

Code:
    env WINEPREFIX=~./wine32 wine ApplicationManager10.0_all.exe
    - Now it get's really sick: Installing Acrobat X Pro will not work, instead copy the complete "Acrobat 10.0" folder from your Windows install to the following location:

Code:
    ~/.wine32/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/
    and start Acrobat with Wine:

Code:
    env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine "/home/USER/.wine32/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Acrobat 10.0/Acrobat/Acrobat.exe"
    - Enter your license key and you have a running copy of Acrobat X Pro under wine.

- As a bonus we add a Desktop icon to start Acrobat by adding a script called "acrobat" in /USER/bin

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine "/home/USER/.wine32/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Acrobat 10.0/Acrobat/Acrobat.exe"
    and subsequently clicking right on the Desktop, choosing

"Create new..." -> "Link to Application"
    Choosing the right icon, naming it "Acrobat X Pro" and "acrobat" as the application to run.

Confirmed running in current Tumbleweed and 42.1...

Nice weekend
    Kind regards

raspu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12